Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get another front stock sight that comes installed from the factory? Mine is damaged and need another, not too sure if I want to spend the $$$ for the glow-night-sights right now, planning to get a pps standard for CC so the $$$ will go towards that. Any help will be much appreciated......Kinda wierd having just siad what I just did and asking this, but does anyone have or know anyone that has a high quality and comfortable black leather IWB holster for the p99 for sell?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
can't edit....or just don't know how

Just to encourage some help, many have changed out the stock front sight to a fiber optic or trijicon night sight.....help a "brotha" out I'm part of the walther family no? And even more specificly a p99 brother!

HAHAHA you can point and stare.....but I'm just trying to get my p99 up to optimal operation.

·
Registered
910 Posts
You can get a HiViz fiber optic front sight only (green or red) for only $30. I think a lot us although we have swapped out the factory front sight for a fiber optic or other after-market sight want to hang on to the factory sight as a back-up if the new sight breaks or in the event we ever trade-in or sell the gun (I know, I know it will never happen :)). But if the stock front sight is what you really want and you can't find anyone willing to give you theirs, just call Smith and Wesson. Even a complete factory sight kit (plastic) including various front sight heights can't be that much money.

Ship is right. Once you remove them you stand a good chance of not being able to use them again. Too much stress on the design. They're cheap. Just buy a new one if that's what you want.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
I meant that I have dropped a P99 or two, and damaged the sights. They do stay on the gun, but get dented.

I have ordered extras from S&W already. They are like $2 or so each - literally.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I had problems re-installing one I had previously taken off. I think by doing so, you put wear on the screw threads. It would not tighten sufficiently.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really?! A couple bux is all?! I imagined it to be rediculously priced just because its something people need/want....like factory wheels on a vehicle.....they cost even more than a lot of after marker wheels that are of simular quality. Very nice to know. Yeah, I dropped my little buddy once and with my luck it fell right on the sight. It stayed on but was dented to the left and looked like a shark fin and the white dot popped off and disappeared, didn't shoot as hoped during my CC class because of it. I may just be a copy cat and order a couple just for good measure and buy a high viz(fiber optic?) front sight as well....alittle iffy about the fiber optic sigh because it kind of makes the gun look like a toy. But ehh, I'm sure the target won't say its a toy.

And for the tightening of the screw.......uh oh, hope that doesn't happen to me. I've actually have tooken off the sight once before, totaling twice and yet to have an issue of striping the threads......but while tightening I was nervous of stripping that I went reeeeal slow and did not tighten completely. Maybe a bit of lock tight or something of the like may help sucure the mind of the sight becoming a jumping bean.

·
Registered
35 Posts
if yo9u want, u can have one of mine. the big one, though. i need my 3 and 4. pm me and send me a self addressed return envelope and ill send it your way.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Yes, they are cheap. The shipping will cost U more - like $7.

It is the rear sight that they want a lot for. Be aware that if U need a rear sight (they send it with the screw) - get the one for the SW99. It is $10 cheaper than the "P99 one, and it is the SAME sight. The EXACT same rear sight.

I used to have a SW99, so I am sure it is the same.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just broke my front sight while quickly reholstering using a Glock 20/21 Serpa holster during training. Lost the screw but luckily the sight was laying at my feet. I called S&W today and they are sending me the whole sight kit for free. Always excellent customer service from S&W. I only need one sight so I will also offer assistance to those that need a front or rear sight if they include a rear in the kit. I only need the #4 and already have spares for the rest.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you so much FongP, but unfortunatly I'm looking for a number 3(the one that comes installed by the factory right?)

!!! That much for shipping?! Holy cow! So about 9bux for a little bitty plastic piece with a while dot huh?......now that was the price I was more expecting hahahahah

Anyone feeling generous and want to offer a #3? Just need the front #3 sight. If not thank you anyways, everyones been very pleseant and helpful already.

Those serpa holsters are niiiiice!!! I wish they had one for the p99, emailed and asked them after seeing it at a gun range/shop and they said no. Nitrex, that front sight came clean off didn't it haahha....photos look like a clip from a video game by the way(means you got the look down) Training in the snow?! Now that's training! Train to be prepaired. I guess the snow was a good thing that day, made the black sight spotable.

I must agree about S&W's customer service. I called them about some defective magazine floor plates a few months ago after having the broken plates for about two years and evidently they knew of the problem from other's reports and sent two right out to me with no charge.....I shouldn't have been charged anyways, but the young lady(?) was so pleasent about it and gave me no trouble. They're sending you a complete sights set free?! Wow, very nice. You mind me takin you up on the offer of the #3 sight? Pm me of instructions if offer still stands, thanks in advance.

By the way, where are you located to have already that much snow?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm in Alaska. Call S&W customer service and see if they'll send you what you need. If they have one around they probably won't charge you. It might be faster. If not, send me your address and I'll send you the #3.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow! Alaska?! I would like to visit Alaska some day. A few days ago I saw a chevy suburban with an alaska tag. Was very odd considering I live dead center of the US(oklahoma)

Ill do that nitrex, ill give them a shout as soon as I get a chance to during business hours......seems like time is a commodity rare to spare these days. Thank you nitrex for the generous offer. I will try my best not to burden you, but if I must, I hope you'll remain content is helping.

I have/had a friend that is in the airforce and was restationed in alaska. He says he loves it there......a lot of hot chicks there haahah.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
FWIW
the #4 is what is factory installed on the P99

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Weird, mine came installed with a #3. I still have the bent sight and just took a look at it(the only bent site I have) I wonder why it may be different sights installed

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hahaha I finaly got the small package in the mail from s&w containing the front sight I inquired them about. I figured the #3 was the standard installed front sight(because my p99 came installed with #3) so I did not bother to specify to "Dave" and he seemed to not be too concerned about it being that he did not ask. I opened the buble-lined envelope and discovered there was a smaller envelope within the buble-line one. To my suprise there was two front sights inside that small evelope. Upon further inspection I noticed the numbers on the two sights were "1" and "2"........just my luck I guess.....now I have, including the two new ones the numbers 1,2,4,5,6 but I need #3 haahhaha bahhhh humbug!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts