Walther Forums banner

P99 Frames > New or Old STYLE? - Which do you prefer?

• Old Style

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • New Style

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Couldn't care less, either looks great!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Patron
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the slightly different trigger guard, etc, there is a different look from the old to the new P99's. Which do you prefer?? New or Old style?

·
Patron
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know how it functions............I just made up a poll. So post your answers I guess!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
You forgot the one that would get my Vote
the 2004 was the only model year with short magrelease and new style frame.... and that would get my 100% vote

·
Patron
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry........I guess that was just getting a tad too specific for me. The triggerguard "look" is the main difference and that is what I am most curious about.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
then I would go with the post 2003 frame and open rail

I don't care much for the "ski-ramp" of pre 2004 frames or the "pointed look" that the closed rails give the frame.....

though I think the closed rail was much better in/for function than the open rails are.

·
Registered
67 Posts
the 2004 was the only model year with short mag release and new style frame.... and that would get my 100% vote

I concur

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
There is actually TWO new styles. The 2004 frame, and then the 2005 thru now frame. They reshaped the triogger guard just slightly again, and made the mag release longer....

·
Registered
471 Posts
I prefer the original. I'm not much on accessories so the functionality of the rail means little to me... I think the original looks sleek and refined, as the originators wanted. Plus, it's a design that is no longer available and in time, I think they will command a premium.

·
Patron
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Keep the opinions comin' guys!

·
Registered
67 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShipWreck @ Nov. 23 2006,2:51)]There is actually TWO new styles. The 2004 frame, and then the 2005 thru now frame. They reshaped the triogger guard just slightly again, and made the mag release longer....
What is the 04-05 trigger guard difference other than the new mag release?

·
Registered
2 Posts
any pics to compare? im a newbie to the walther..been shooting a springer xd40 the last few yrs..not sure i like the glock style trigger..so i figured id start looking into the walters

·
Registered
11 Posts
i claim ignorance on this one, but i'm pretty happy with the short mag release, never had a problem with the "ski-jump", but them main cosmetic accent i like is the slide serrations... because apparently on the pre-2004 models, the .40 Cal had large serrations and the 9mm had the smaller ones right?

either way i like the large ones...

**EDIT** i didn't see Uncut's pics before my comment, and apparently there is no significance between .40 and 9mm in terms of the design of serrations... but just old and new... well thanks for the info Uncut!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts