Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking at the Walther America web site and the frame style of the QA shows the original pre-2004 frame. Is this how they are now? Or is this just a photo glitch?

For the record I miss the old frame style. It was more Waltherish...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Jake, I don't think they have updated their web site. Although the newer rail is more usable, I prefer the looks of the older style. It's more romantic. The only differences I can see between the new vs old (I prefer to say "original") is;
1. the rails (duh!)
2. the (for lack of better terminology) scalloping were the web of your hand fits while holding the pistol. It does not dip down as much in the new style frame...
3. Larger roll pins in the newer frame.
4. the slide release is recessed in the new frame, ergo, more snag resistant.
5. beefier, bolder slide grip grooves...
6. The trigger gaurd is rounded and no more hump in the newer style frame...
I think that's it...
Look for yourself:

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
well you did forget one.... though you don't see the difference on your P99's

the mag release has been changed 2005/2006 ( they are much longer now) we have seen a few pictures.....
also some of the markings have been reloacted....the datemark at least on the ones I have seen are no longer on the bottom of the frame in front of the triggerguard .. but rather laser edged into the slide right under the ejection port....

·
Registered
471 Posts
2005/2006... Ahhh, your too new for me... Hehe... I looked at a newer P99c that had the longer mag release and I have to admit, it was easier to use... But, the shorter one has worked well for me...(don't you dare comment on that!)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks P88. The one in the middle is my work horse. It gets carried everywhere. The blueing is rubbing off from holster ware but it shows up less on this gun than any other I've ever owned... P99's are truly wonderful pistols!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hal8000 @ May 08 2006,1:10)]But, the shorter one has worked well for me...(don't you dare comment on that!)

OK I bite my tongue.....

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
All my P99's are 2004... so they have the shorter mag release too......and I have no problems whatsoever with them...
I think I might add the P99/QA Dessert Sand one of these days... though I am not a .40S&W nor a QA guy.... I just love the way that frame looks..... its sweet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts