Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A recent issue of the RMIN Bulletin (Rocky Mountain Information Network; a LE publication) had a picture of a Walther P99 that was dropped and the frame broke into two pieces.

I suspect there is more to the story...

May be a .40 that was damaged in shooting, the damage wasn't noticed, when it was dropped the frame broke all the way?

I say that cuzz I saw a P99 that cracked the frame along the same lines when a PMC 165/40 FMJ/FP case blew in one here last summer. That ammo cracked several Glok frames too BTW.

I emailed Walther USA about it; they said they had not heard about it. If it was my gun, they would have! ;)

Don't get your undies in a bunch. The P99 is an excellent pistol. Stuff happens?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Frame cracked in two from being dropped? Umm....right. Was it dropped from space? Or maybe it was dropped and then run over by a tank.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very interesting. I would have to wonder if there are additional circumstances to this occuring? Still enjoy my P99 & SW99 (that is correct I find the sw99 to have some certain advantages for me).
Broken Arrow, sorry to use this post for personal msg, but have always enjoyed reading you postings on various forums and am curious about what might be your current favorite pistol and flavor? Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hope it's the same one; would be even worse if it's another gun? ;)

OTOH, I just asked Walther USA about this, and they said they hadn't heard of it, and that happened in January and they sure did hear about it. That bugs me more than a little...

My favorites?

In autos I prefer the 9 minimeter, and I like the std or +P 115-124 grain JHPs. I like Glock, SIG, Beretta 92/Cougar, HK USP, Walther P99, BHP(P35), CZ75.

The Ruger GP100, SP101 and S&W J, K, L frame revolvers, where I prefer the 110 and med vel 125s in .357 Magnum, the 125 +Ps in .38 Special.

I have been issued the M15, M1911A1, M9 and M11 pistols by Uncle Sam, "lent" the P35 and CZ75 by some of his "friends". ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have become more intrigued by the CZ line. Anxious to hold a P01 and also looking for 75BD models. Always good to read your posts. Stay Safe all.

·
Registered
411 Posts
tech99, I have a pristine CZ75bd that I am selling.
email me if interested, [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts