Walther Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys relatively new to Walthers, I was wandering if Walther ran a torture test of some sort like XD or Glocks go through.

Also I am potentially going to buy a used p99c AS for $400.

Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Yes Walther does torture test their guns but they don't publicize it like other brands do.
Any gun that goes into police service in Germany has had strict testing behind it even the older ones, though it was not as strict as it is nowdays... Curently the only modern approved police guns are the P99, P2000 and now the new P30.....
here is a pic or two for you to enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
curios

For some reason I cant view the link:confused:
Anyhow, what exactly did these trials consist of. Cant find any info about them:(

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Trials from what I remember, shooting under water, sand, mud, frozen in ice and dropped from a helicopter. I am sure the P99 went through much more but I only saw it on a 10 minute dvd.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Most don't know it, but, Walther sends their guns to Uncut, Jake and ShipWreck for torture testing. After that, they give them TLC.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Most don't know it, but, Walther sends their guns to Uncut, Jake and ShipWreck for torture testing. After that, they give them TLC.
I wish they would send us a sample of the new PPS...I would surely love to put it through a torture test....:D

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
:D OH My
I wish this was the case.......
I have the document that shows all the requierements for a gun to be allowed to go into police service, however it is in German and does not indicate the tests Walther and HK do. It does mention in it that the tests have to be done by a independent party before being allowed to police trials. It also indicates other requirements which is why as of late non of the German police guns come with any safty lever. This document was updated in 2003 and I don't have the previous version of it.
The video Jake is talking about does sum it up... however I think there is some more to the tests that are not shown in the video....
I don't have a link to this but if you sears youtube there is a video of HK's testing of guns (something in it is Hammerschmiede)

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
anybody else having trouble viewing the picture I posted ???

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Somehow Uncut, I am not surprised to hear that you have that documentation. See, thats exactly what I was talking about! LOL. no problem viewing

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
While it may be cheesy to some..... it is interesting to me that most of these shots are taken "live" rather than doing some special effects...
For instance the shot Lizzard takes, Shooting the gun out of the bad guys hand, is a actual shot taken with live ammo...... I think besides accuracy it takes a willing partner to hold the gun that is to be shot out of his hand.... (sorry this may only make sense to people who have seen this video)

I been busy with some unfortunate events..... but I will get around to translate some of that document in the near future

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ability to view pics

anybody else having trouble viewing the picture I posted ???
No problem at all! You do need to login to the forum to view the pics.

·
Registered
43 Posts
While it may be cheesy to some..... it is interesting to me that most of these shots are taken "live" rather than doing some special effects...
For instance the shot Lizzard takes, Shooting the gun out of the bad guys hand, is a actual shot taken with live ammo...... I think besides accuracy it takes a willing partner to hold the gun that is to be shot out of his hand.... (sorry this may only make sense to people who have seen this video)

I been busy with some unfortunate events..... but I will get around to translate some of that document in the near future
Pretty cool! I dont know if I would ever trust anothers ability enough to try any William Tell action like that. However just seeing my results on paper leads me to belive that would be no tall order. Cant wait to get mine back from S&W. :)
Also sorry to hear about your "unfortunate events" whatever they may be.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts