Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to 'Redleg' on Canadiangunnutz.com.
He runs a range in Calgary.

Regarding fragile P99's he noticed the ejector tends to break very easily. Please note that even with a broken ejector the P99 may still work fine. He told me that he has talked to police trainers in Quebec who have noticed a rash of breakages in their P99's. He also told me that 'larger shooting schools' in the US have noticed the same thing.

All of the breakages at his range involved AC (2002) P99's. I haven't been to schools in the US so if other forumites who have could check around it would be much appreciated.

I personally have noticed that AC P99's have grittier triggers and a less 'satin' finish vs. AB P99's. Hopefully these broken ejectors are symptomatic of a 'bad batch' vs. a flaw in all P99's.

I'll keep up on my own round count experiments so we can all keep our favorite toys functioning!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both,
He told me that even after changing them they broke again. He states they broke at low round counts, 2-5k. I am very interested in US observations and especially year of manufacture of the guns with the breakages. Any with info are invited to share with the rest of us.

My solution: I have 3 and have ordered a lot of spareparts. However due to US laws about shipping 'gunparts' (even a screw is dangerous!) I can't get them like I did a year ago. I have to go through distributors who get parts from Europe. Of course they only make one or two orders a year....

·
Registered
39 Posts
See my post on ongoing torture. I've rounded the 3400 mark and have yet to encounter any problems, breakages, finish wearing issues, etc. Finger gets really dirty though. Trigger is exceptionally smooth.

·
Registered
411 Posts
My "AB" P99 9mm has 25k+ rounds, only broken part was the slide stop spring at 10k.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I haven't inspected my two P99s for this, but I wonder if it's the same problem that occurs with some of the Springfield Armory XDs. The magazine feedlip contacts the ejector when it's slammed in with the heel of the hand. If it's done forcefully enough, often enough, the tip of the ejector breaks off.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I don't think so.
I am definately a "mag slammer".
I like to smack the magazine in hard enough to "bounce" the slide into battery.
So far no broken ejector.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I've got one .40 cal P99 with 20k rounds and the only problem it has had is the slide lock spring, just like NM_P99 experienced. I also have a 9mm that has 10k rounds and no problems.

Devin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts