Walther Forums banner

P99 Drab or Black? - Which do you prefer?

• Green

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
OD.... just looks cooler to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So whats the scoop on the walther P99DA? Is it true that it will have a 'standard' underrail that will accept normal lights?

If so I maye just have to get a Drab P99 now, and then a Black Da when it comes out!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Black, but, I saw a picture of one in a cami pattern on a German site... hmmmm. If I were to see one in person, I might have to change my mind.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like 'em all too. What does "German made" in the one post mean? Are the different colors made in different places or something?

·
Registered
280 Posts
"german made"
If i recall all 9mm were german made but some of the .40 have s&w slides.

·
Registered
280 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (walrus @ July 15 2003,3:03)]
"german made"
If i recall all 9mm were german made but some of the .40 have s&w slides.

I like my green.

·
Registered
18 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scubie02 @ July 08 2003,7:29)]I like 'em all too.  What does "German made" in the one post mean?  Are the different colors made in different places or something?
German made

Look for the eagle with the letter N at the bottom. This emblem will be found on the slide at the back rh side, on the barrel and on the frame, rh side above the accessory rail. If you have that emblem on all pieces, your P99 is all German Made.

See Dr Lunde's Walther FAQ page, you can learn a lot.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
According to Earl, ALL .40S&W caliber P99's are now made here in the states (except of course for the frames). They are forging the proof marks since they don't mean anything in the U.S. I don't know what the cut-off of serial numbers is for German made vs. US made 40S&W P99's is. A real roll mark in the steel of the slide is a good indicator of a German-built P99, at least until about early 2001. Also, S&W is purportedly using SS to build the P99 40 S&W slide so it can be checked by scratching the inside of the slide and checking the steel under ther finish. Tennifer will not take well to SS.

I don't know whether to believe this or not. I don't think Earl would lie to me, but I find it hard to believe that S&W is deceiving the public with Walthers blessing. If they are, then shame on Walther. I have trusted this name since I saw my first handgun, and now they do this?

I'm not sure how S&W can get away with doing this. SIG-Sauer got caught doing this a couple of years ago when they still roll marked their slides "Made in Germany" Now their handguns have "Frame made in Germany" rollmarked on the frame. The rest of the handgun has no proofmarks on the underside of the slide where it meets the dust cover, or on the hood of the barrel. Exiter, NH is on the slide now.

9mm P99's are still manufactured completely in Germany.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Has anyone inquired to Walther Germany to confirm or deny what is being said about the .40SW P-99s?    

·
Registered
411 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Herr Walther @ July 20 2003,7:58)]According to Earl, ALL .40S&W caliber P99's are now made here in the states (except of course for the frames). They are forging the proof marks since they don't mean anything in the U.S.

I don't know whether to believe this or not. I don't think Earl would lie to me,
I know that Earl will lie to you.
Ever since S&W knocked him out of the Walther importer "hot seat" he has been a total liar and jerk.
"Buyer Beware" with ERS.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just three hours ago I ordered the all black. Will arrive tomorrow!

My first Walther, ever!

I like the OD (look) very much, but that, for me, is a bit of  stretch.......as I am a LEO and may carry the black.

MP700Police

Best looking handgun any where!   Period!

Dan

·
Registered
187 Posts
I guess I like the all black the best (that's what I have!).
Not that I wouldn't want one in OD too!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts