Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi I am just looking for help. got a p99 defense kit and my front sight died. I called walther to ask about how to replace since it not like the standard(no detent in rear). they told me it was a smith product and no warranty no help. im honestly lost how do I get a set of trijicons on here or what should I do. any help is appreciated thanks

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Wow...if they told you the front sight is a S&W product, they're right, but that doesn't mean they don't have the same thing.

Anywho, I'm fairly certain the sights on the defense kit P99 series were/are the same style as the PPS sights, slightly rounded, and not as tall and blocky as say a PPQ sight?

There's night sights for the P99...I've a set on my P99c. Pressed in, of course. I don't want adjustables on a carry gun..

You can also get Meprolights and Trijicon night sights, but of course Walther won't assist you with those.

In all actuality, I'd call them back and ask for someone who can help you, and see if they could at least offer to sell you some if you wanted to go that route. That said, I'm exceedingly happy with the Meps on my PPQ, and the Trijis on my 99c. The Meps are of course the 18801 (like stock, big, square and blocky) while the trijicons follow the PPS sight contours, indeed, they may actually be for a PPS rather than a P99c. Either way, they fit.

There's a few other night sight sets but I'll let the others chime in as I have no first hand experience with 'em. :)

·
Premium Member
14,298 Posts
BS. Here ya go...download the P99 parts list https://www.carl-walther.com/fileadmin/uploads/media/partsdrawings/P99_AS_268_84_50_l.pdf

Walther has been using/offering steel sights for many years. The guns are equipped with plastic sights for the US. S&W offered this P99 'defense kit', which consisted of ALL walther parts....the frame with dual elongated slide stop and steel night sights. I had one once, and like an idiot, I sold it.

The tritium insert can be replaced in most sights. Or, its probably cheaper to just buy another sight.

Here's what you need.

Item number - 1.2
Part number - 2674394
Description - Steel front sight #4, 3.8mm, NS (Night Sight) green

Poor tech needs to start wearing this hat.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
BS. Here ya go...download the P99 parts list https://www.carl-walther.com/fileadmin/uploads/media/partsdrawings/P99_AS_268_84_50_l.pdf

Walther has been using/offering steel sights for many years. The guns are equipped with plastic sights for the US. S&W offered this P99 'defense kit', which consisted of ALL walther parts....the frame with dual elongated slide stop and steel night sights. I had one once, and like an idiot, I sold it.

The tritium insert can be replaced in most sights. Or, its probably cheaper to just buy another sight.

Here's what you need.

Item number - 1.2
Part number - 2674394
Description - Steel front sight #4, 3.8mm, NS (Night Sight) green

Poor tech needs to start wearing this hat.

Hey, ifin yur an ijit ken I hav ur 357Sig barrel?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
update. and thank you all for the help. I ordered the mepro light night sights for the p99 for 47. got a glock front sight tool for 2 bucks with coupon. called walther and the detent, spring and sight screw should ship today. knocked the rear pressed in out and unscrewed stock front. im ready to go. thank you all for your help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts