Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With some controversy, something about patents and such from HK, they still won the contract for 40,000 pistols.

http://www.dwj.de/aktuell/nachrichten.php?id_nachrichten=322

Translated it says:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]

Carl Walther wins order for police in North-Rhine/Westphalia

Before the Duesseldorfer higher regional court was delivered on today's Wednesday a controversy over the planned purchase by 40,000 new dienstpistolen of the TypsP99 DAO for the police in North Rhine-Westphalia and positively decided for Walther. The company Heckler & Koch from upper village had inserted Walther from Ulm complaint against the placing of orders at its competitors and had made security doubts as well as patent law injuries valid.

Also the equipment of the tariff had been already judicially treated. The Duesseldorfer higher regional court main header the addition for 10000 pistols of the company Walther on last Wednesday (16.02.2005), already given, up. The security doubts are groundless. However the assignment was obscure by the tariff and must be partly repeated. All Bieter can deliver now new offers.

The decision over the 40000 new dienstpistolen for the North-Rhine/Westphalian police became on today's Monday (21.02.2005) pleases. Had complained also in this case of the weapon manufacturers Heckler & cook. Both concerning the alleged safety lack and regarding possible infringements of a patent the objection was rejected by H&K. Thus the advertisement for North-Rhine/Westphalia as well as the addition at Walther become indisputably valid. The higher regional court was the last instance.
In the case of the order it is to go around a total volume from 15 million euro.

Wolfgang Kraeusslich.
James

·
Registered
93 Posts
The headline works for me...without it I'd have trouble sorting the story out. Glad to see Walther pushing ahead.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I wonder what patent they are alleging Walther is violating? The only thing I can think of is the magazine release, that is similar on both brands.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can't imagine HK held back a patent infringement for this long, if there's something to it, they'd have pounced on Walther when 99 first came out. The mag release is similar though, but the way they retain mags are different. I do like the lever release, and hope more gun companies would use it in the future, hopefully that's not a patented part. It's just a lever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts