Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fired my 99 about 400 rounds so far (albeit mostly in SA) but just wondering if it is normal for the DA pull to be still so abrupt when the trigger 'breaks' (ie. when it sets the striker in motion forward). I get no lateral movements of my sights when i pull SA but during DA, i get a slight jerk sideways. This is probably 90% my fault in not practicing more DA, but just wondering if you guys have your DA pulls down pat yet.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
The first shot on any gun w/ a DA pull is always hard - most people do not do as well with it.

I've noticed thet my P99c DA pull is probably 2 lbs lighter than on my full size SW99 - But, the SA pull is about the same.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Well I been looking some on the German Walther Page.... and I must say... I want one of those P99c DAO reallllly bad

on those new QA and DAO the trigger pull is the same just that on the DAO it's longer and if you got bad amo you don't need to handcycle the slide (which I think one would not wanna do in a defensive situation...

Model                                      P99 C AS                 P99 C QA                      P99 C DAO
Caliber                                     9 mm x 19               9 mm x 19                     9 mm x 19
Barrel Length inch (mm)             3.5 (90)                  3.5 (90)                      3.5 (90)
Dimensions mm L / H /W           168 / 110 / 32           168 / 110 / 32                  168 / 110 / 32
Weight g, without magazine                 530                 530                             545
Sights                                     3-dot adjustable            3-dot adjustable              3-dot fixed, steel

Trigger                                  DA / SA                            QA                             DA Only
Trigger Weight g                      4,000 / 2,000                    3,800                        3,800

Other than that ... I think it's the nature of the beast that your DA pull is just much harder than the SA

·
Registered
31 Posts
Uncut

Nice chart. I have the DAO. couldn't resist buying a p99 DAO from CDNN for $299. It's perfect for me. The pull is no problem as I shot revolvers too. If you're used to 1911s don't get the DAO as it will throw you off. Otherwise, the DAO is a great carry gun ( don't carry as I live in NJ) and for DAO it is pretty darn accurate.

Will be picking up my new p99c AS this evening. just in from CDNN.

signed

New Jersey where crime pays and victims suffer

·
Registered
83 Posts
note that that chart is for P99c's, not the full-size versions.

i may be wrong, but i was under the impression the DAO models mimiced the DA pull of the AS system on the service-size P99. the weight of the DAO trigger is higher than the QA.

but again, i may be wrong or operating with old info . . . .

frye

·
Registered
31 Posts
I heard that the DAO pull weight is higher than the QA and is the same as the DA pull on the AS. But that's just hersay and I don't know if its true in fact.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I took the info from  ..here  

As far as I can tell the weight and travel of the trigger is the same for full size and compact..... the DAO has not the same trigger than the AS in DA mode... if you look throught the site you will see the different charts.... though they might have changed things from the earlier P990 and P99...
I just thought it was interesting that the QA and the DAO have the same triggerweight,,, and then DAO and the AS in DA mode  both show a 14mm triggertravel... so I think if you mastered the DA in AS mode you be ok to shoot a DAO of the new generation..

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (arnie08515 @ Feb. 07 2006,12:21)]I heard that the DAO pull weight is higher than the QA and is the same as the DA pull on the AS.  But that's just hersay and I don't know if its true in fact.
Well it shows the AS having..... 4000g in DA and 2000g in SA
the QA shows as 3800 grams triggerpulls

The link in my last post is ing english so you all can look for yourself....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts