Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard if Walther has decided to make a Compact version of the P99...I know that S&W is already in production.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I picked one up at the gun store and was overjoyed, it was a 40 and I want the 9mm, but it was better than the glock 26, IMHO. I haven't shot one yet, but soon.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My one and only encounter with the SW99 Compact was in .40 at Galyan's. If memory serves me correct it listed for $465. The trigger was very gritty. Comparing it to my Glock 26 is tough without actually getting on a range. I hope to get to a gun show this weekend and really do a better comparison holding both side-by-side and dry-firing. I would love to have a compact companion to my P99 instead of trading it in for a G19 to go with the 26. Or - maybe I'll get them all.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I am holding out for a genuine Walther P99. If Carl Walther follows the pattern for its last two pistol designs, specifically the P5 and P88, there will be a Compact. The P5 Compact and P88 Compact exist. The fact that the SW99 Compact exists is further strong evidence, because its frame is manufactured by Carl Walther.

·
Registered
229 Posts

They can put an "eagle over 'N'" on it, but it will still look homely, to me.

Analogy:
You can put earrings on Janet Reno, but...  

1 - 7 of 7 Posts