Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested if anyone uses the QA model. Can you cock the pistol (rack the slide 1/4in.) with one round in the chamber and a loaded mag?
Can you do the opposite, de-cock with one round in the chamber and a loaded mag? Could you pull from holster and shoot right away or do you have to cock the pistol first. They say the QA de-cock mechanism is for take down purposes, but it seems to me it plays a much more significant role. If this is the case then the AS model sounds more ideal??? Have you used Speer 124gr +P SB or any +P ammo? I'm just asking, because I have several different answers from the people at Walther USA. Thanks, Keith

·
Registered
821 Posts
I don't have the QA, but yes, you can cock the pistol by retracting the slide just a bit and releasing.  However, the QA is designed to be cocked all the time, as you mentioned, and the decocker is only for dissassembly.

If you decocked the QA, and needed the weapon quickly, you can not pull through a double action pull like you can on the AS.  You must cock the pistol first, which goes back to what I said about the QA being designed to remain cocked while holstered.

+p should be okay in your P99, but not for extended practice.  Practice with winchester white box, or something else cheap, and carry the gold dots.  However, you may want to test the gold dots to ensure they feed reliably in your gun.

Bottom line, the QA is safe to carry "cocked".  Don't pull the trigger if you don't want to shoot.  Thousands of police officers carry glocks that work on a similar principle.  If the prospect of carrying a cocked weapon bothers you, then you should try to find an AS, or look at another weapon altogether.

-stunks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts