Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested if anyone uses the QA model. Can you cock the pistol (rack the slide 1/4in.) with one round in the chamber and a loaded mag?
Can you do the opposite, de-cock with one round in the chamber and a loaded mag? Could you pull from holster and shoot right away or do you have to cock the pistol first. They say the QA de-cock mechanism is for take down purposes, but it seems to me it plays a much more significant role. If this is the case then the AS model sounds more ideal??? Have you used Speer 124gr +P SB or any +P ammo? I'm just asking, because I have several different answers from the people at Walther USA. Thanks, Keith

·
Registered
539 Posts
Download the manual for the gun before you buy and see if it answers your question. Of course you can pull from the holster and shoot. The gun isn't aware of the holster at all. It depends on whether or not the gun is a) round in chamber a) cocked. If a-b are true you can shoot the gun. If you decock and then holster you can't shoot the gun till you cock it. The AS model will be in DA mode in this case and -can- be fired just fine after decocking. I suspect the QA is not meant to be decocked unless you're stripping it but that depends on your SOPs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts