Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a P99 compact. Is this gun available yet? If so, what is the price range? I haven't seen one in any shop in my area.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just received one yesterday that was ordered by my dealer a week ago. I didn't ask which distributor he used and I don't know the retail price as I work for him so I got a big discount from retail. The article on the P99c in Combat Handguns listed it at 6 hundred and something but I imagine they are selling for less at the stores if you are in an area where they are at the stores. None have been put out on the shelves at the stores in my area (New Mexico) but the members and moderators of this forum gave me enough information on them that I felt comfortable just ordering one unseen. I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yelf, It's pretty much impossible to give an exact figure as our deal involved some cash, some labor, and a trade. I make a habit of never asking about store costs. If I was privy to that kind of info before long I'd be having to do the books and I'd just as soon not have that headache.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
From a quick survey of the gun auction boards, it looks like the compacts are going for $500 to $550.  I would suspect the same prices at gun stores.

The prices may go down in a few months as the "newness" wears off.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I can get you P99C's for $495 plus delivery (and Tax if in Texas) any day, any time. P99C AS, QA or .40 QA.

Local sales in the DFW area (Dealer is in Bedford) can be done also.

Just need the money and FFL up front, and you can have it by Christmas

James

·
Registered
539 Posts
Commander: I'm no expert but I'd think that the differences are the same as with the full size. The SW slide/barrel are made of stainless, Walther of steel with Tenifer finish. SW parts other than the receiver/grip are made in the US. Walther pistols are made in Germany. Except the magazines, those are made in Italy

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CommanderJB @ Dec. 08 2004,9:02)]How does the Walther P99c differ from the S&W 99c, aside from the aesthetics?
It has a rail for a XML light, and I think it looks nicer

James

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yelf @ Dec. 08 2004,10:24)]I paid $460 + shipping for mine on gunbroker.
A hell of a deal, below wholesale, can you point me to the seller so I can get another one at that price? I assume it was NIB.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
165 Posts
rickn54 was the seller. Not sure if he stocks these, I really doubt it from his other listings. As it turned out the seller was a pawn shop.
The gun was sold as NIB and doesn't appear to have been fired as far as I can tell. It did have 2 very small black marks on it, 1 on the grip and another on the slide near the end. I haven't cleaned the gun yet so both may very well come right off in cleaning. I suspect it was from shipping in the Walther case.
I was open to either a SW or a Walther, was just waiting for the right deal to present itself. I had already seen a SW99c for $460 so when I saw the Walther for the same price it was a no brainer.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Yes, so that was a one shot deal

My price of $495 is still the cheapest I've seen them offered.

James

·
Registered
231 Posts
Not to hijack this post but...

Extremist, whats your price on a full size '04 QA 9mm in black? Can you get it with the ambi slide release?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Same price as P99C except the P99 Full Size now come with 2/16 round mags. $495 plus shipping. Unfortunately, the only ones available from my distributor are with the Military Green Frame WAP77014.

You might try Doc's and see if he has any. His prices are not bad, but his page hasn't been updated for a while: Doc's Walthers

Regards,
James

1 - 16 of 16 Posts