Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a full-size P99 2nd gen in 9mm. It is a great gun and has never given me any trouble.

I'm thinking of getting a P99 compact. There are no dealers in the Austin area that carry them, nor could I find one at the gun show so I could examine one.

This brings me to my questions. Is the grip the same size as the one on the full-size P99 except it is shorter? Does it have the same backstrap sizes? I'm wondering if it will feel the same in my hand. Is the grip about the same length as the one on a Glock G26? Does the P99c point and shoot similarly to its bigger brother? Will it fit in P99 holsters? Any comparative issues I should be aware of?

Thanks.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The grip/frame is shorter from top to bottom. There are only two grip inserts. With the use of the adapter made by Walther you can use a full size P99 magazine for a grip that is the same size as the full size and the same general feel.

I would only consider the 9mm for the compact. The compact is more snappy than the full size (as one would expect) and I can't imagine that the 40 is going to be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The grip size is the same on the 99 & 99c. The 99c only has two backstraps. There is no large insert.

The length on the 99c is appx the same as the G26

Any holster that fits the 2nd Gen P99 will work great with the P99c.:)

Common Sense...The Rarest Of All Senses

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes the compact does fit full size P99 holsters,,The compact is a little less accurate than the full size due to barrel length and shorter sight distance but it is very accurate for the compact class. It is a great firearm for concealed carry far better than any glock!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would only consider the 9mm for the compact. The compact is more snappy than the full size (as one would expect) and I can't imagine that the 40 is going to be a lot of fun.
I suppose that depends on your point of view. I like them. I will admit though that when I took my newest one down to the range for it's initial breakin of 600 rounds there was some blood involved from where it was hitting and removing the skin at the base of my thumb... ;) I took it easy after that, only 400 rounds the next trip... :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts