Walther Forums banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Many police departments have left the 40 behind for one major reason. Most officers and new recruits are not gun people. Many never fired a pistol before entering the academy. It is far easier to have inexperienced people qualify with the 9mm's reduced recoil than the 40. With many new recruits being of a smaller statue and having less strength in their hands, the 9 makes the training process easier.

Thus the flood of 40 caliber police trade in firearms. Time are changing, good or bad.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
So is it worth it to pick one up at $429?
I remember when P99 pistols sold or $750+ locally, so I would personally say yes to that.

These P99c pistols were rare for years before any talk of discontinuation. If they really are discontinued now, I'd assume that it will be difficult to find one in the future.

·
Registered
7 Posts
FWIW, SSD has been putting 9mm versions up for auction at the major gun auction site. They have been routinely selling for around $650-$675 and one sold for $800.00 about a week ago. Not sure how many are left at SSD.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just saw NIB P99C 9mm on gbroker for $815.00 w 64 bids. Man I knew I should have gotten another when the price dropped....well to late now.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
God damn, I need to sell mine then. It's not new, but it has extra mags and night sights. Hello, PPQ SF Pro! LOL

Surely, there's nobody dumb enough to pay 2000 bucks for a P99c???

Surely? Right? RIGHT! :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Hey, I got Trijicon HDs on mine, which I recently found out that the orange ring is also phosphorescent, three mags with pinkie extensions, and the sleeve for the 15 round mags. And obviously all that stuff that came with it. Gotta be worth at least $4,000!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was looking through the current online catalogue and was left with a question.

Is the pk380 to only walther with a paddle release?

I ask because I am looking for a 9mm with a paddle release. In another forum I posted this:
I am sort of looking at some 9mm pistols and I am having trouble finding what I want (sort of looking means no immediate intent to buy, but interested).

Frankly, while my PK380 never became a favorite, it has a lot of features that I like. I am wondering how many others have the combined feature set in 9mm.

• 9mm (after all, I already have something that checks all of these boxes in .380)
  • Hammer fired (yes, I know the Striker Fired pistols have a lot of advantages, I just never warmed to them, my Glock 42 gets almost no carry time at all)
  • DA/SA (I am a bit flexible on this, but not very)
  • Compact (intended, and suitable, for concealed carry)
  • Paddle Mag Release (the PK380 gave me a chance to try this style and I like it better than, the US favored, button style)
Someone asked why and I responded with this:
This is going to sound silly, but I have a bit of arthritis in my thumb. I was on a bicycle several years ago and I made the mistake of moving to the right, in a construction zone, so people could pass me. Of course, I got squeezed off the road and I crashed in some gravel. . .gotta remember not to try to be nice. Anyways, since then I have had issues using my thumb as well as before.

Back to the point, I was doing quite a bit of shooting this week, I had a day off. I noticed a big difference in the ease of reloading the pistols I had with me. In a side to side comparison the paddle was much easier to use.
Back to the point, are there any Walthers, other than the PK380, which I already have, that are compact and have a paddle release?

[sorry about the big blocks of quotation, I just don't see the point of retyping stuff]

101 - 120 of 131 Posts