Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,495 Posts
Not so fast......:D The ambidextrious, beautifully shaped and proportioned P99/PPQ slide lock levers, DO require a different frame. The P99 sported these beauties before the PPQ was released. :D Yes, a P99/P99C will require a specific frame. Where's emount when you need eem'???? :D

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
I agree. I looked at a number of pictures of these pistols.....just google P99c pictures and you will see quite a variety of P99c pistols, both sides, long lever, short lever, long release paddles, short release paddles and some of the dates are in the A range while others reach into the BC or later range. However, those that blow up to really show the details of the mount....especially on the right side seem to pretty clearly show a different detail where the levers fit against the frame. I'm not sure it would be difficult to change the shape of the polymer to allow the parts to fit the frame most of us have but our expert there would be Mr. OF. If you can even get the parts. Like I said I got a new P22 grip a week or so ago....$45 was the going price. So, if the frame and levers were available I expect you could get out the door under $100.

Or perhaps modify the frame if you had the levers.....if someone could find some good pictures of the frame off of one of the long lever ambi models. Levers removed. Mine is just like the one everyone else has. 1917

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
OK, I want a P99C with elongated (PPQ type) slide locks
Looking at those pics, the PPQ type slide lock levers only look like they go a tiny fraction of an inch (maybe 1/16th?) farther back on the frame than the "normal" ones. I get that they're ambi, and that's definitely nice, but "elongated" seems like a misnomer to me. They're also fatter, right? Not sure that's actually a benefit. IMO the perfect option would be an ambi version of the original style. Of course it *is* somewhat ludicrous that there are so many advertising pics of the way you can't have it here in the USA.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Of course it *is* somewhat ludicrous that there are so many advertising pics of the way you can't have it here in the USA.
And we again see why Walther today is not a force to be reckoned with in the retail world. Lack of attention to detail, false promises of product delivery dates, shoddy products that could and should be better right out of the gate, invisible product reps, and inconsistent customer service. :( Thank God for vintage Walthers (and Manurhin), and a handful of Ulm products worth owning despite Umarex.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Or perhaps modify the frame if you had the levers.....if someone could find some good pictures of the frame off of one of the long lever ambi models.

The biggest issue would be the right-side slide release lever. It has a tab that goes inside the round hole on the right side of the frame that keeps the lever from falling out. I wouldn't even try this modification. If I wanted the P99c with the ambidextrous slide release levers, and I didn't mind paying more, I would think that Earl may have some available. Otherwise, I'd be looking for one of the (very few) P99c pistols that were imported here in this configuration years ago. I don't have any numbers, but there were even less compact models imported this way than the full sized models.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Not so fast...... The ambidextrious, beautifully shaped and proportioned P99/PPQ slide lock levers, DO require a different frame.
I've looked at some pictures of the “mono-lever” variant and it is quite clear that the frame is indeed different from the ambi-version, which has a recess on both sides that the levers bed into (just like the PPQ). The “mono” version seems to have a bit more meat on that part of the frame, which possibly explains why there are two different lengths for the pin (28.5mm and 30.5mm, diagram #26).

However, the frame shown, Part Number 2688271, is compatible with both mono and ambi levers (both are shown and listed). It carries the abbreviations AM (ambidextrous), LM (long magazine-release lever) and ET (serial-numbered part).

I would suggest sending an e-mail directly to Ulm. Obviously, you won't be able to order directly from them but they could confirm for you if the part is still available, give you a rough estimation of the cost and advise you on what channels you would have to go through to get one (there might be other possibilities other than your national distributor). They could also clarify if your slide is compatible with the ambi frame - I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Balor

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did just email Walther USA about why the P99c wasn’t listed for LEO purchase and they responded that they do not carry the P99c anymore.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I did just email Walther USA about why the P99c wasn’t listed for LEO purchase and they responded that they do not carry the P99c anymore.
Hm, join date = Dec 2018, post count = 1, P99c still listed on waltherarms.com. I am suspicious of the content of that post.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So do you think that maybe if I am looking to purchase a LEO gun I might not be an internet troll and be slightly trustworthy? Don’t believe what I posted, but I don’t appreciate you questioning my honesty.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Walther CS states that the P99c remains in production but production is limited.....produced on intermittent runs and the next run will be next year.....no date provided.

The European version is not approved for import and could not be acquired by a US dealer from a European dealer for shipment to the US.

·
Premium Member
8,506 Posts
I'll bet you can get one from Earl.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I'll bet you can get one from Earl.

Just spoke with Earl and he has bad news. Germany has ceased manufacturing both the P99c and P99 for both the US and Europe......unfortunately (Earl's comment). He does not have any for sale but is hopeful they will make a run in the future. PPQ replacing a lot of production space.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm still holding out for a P99C with elongated, ambidextrous slide lock. I see pictures on many internet sites of this exact pistol, yet, it seems as its a bait and switch. Or the sellers don't have a clue what they're doing....or selling. Ha....I've called more than one site and told em' if they can go to the back and find that 'exact' gun (with PPQ style slide lock) I'd give em' an extra $100. NO takers.

Bottom line: Don't believe all the pictures you see. :(
Go to Earl's and but the parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Glad I picked up my P99c QA a while ago & I either carry that or my HK VP9 SK EDC. Honestly I prefer to carry the Walther since I carry 10+1 & on the Walther I can decock it but both are excellent EDC guns that shoots great & accurately.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
So do you think that maybe if I am looking to purchase a LEO gun I might not be an internet troll and be slightly trustworthy? Don’t believe what I posted, but I don’t appreciate you questioning my honesty.
Given that you have no history on this forum, I have no way to vet your honesty, your statement is contradicted by publicly available information (waltherarms.com), and trolling happens all the time on internet forums, I think it's entirely reasonable to question your honesty. If you are in fact being truthful, then I apologize, but again, the current publicly available information from the source you're purporting to have communicated with is directly contradictory to what you say they said, so it's a bit hard to believe you without corroboration from them.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts

Agreed. Pictures of the full size are still out there at various locations. The P99c pictures are gone. I am talking about at places like the US distributor RSR. Not a good sign for the P99c.

Forum member Chandler's comment about communication he had with Earl corroborates the theory the P99c and perhaps the P99 proper are no longer being produced.

It this is true, and it is looking like it probably is, this is a sad day for the great P99.

41 - 60 of 131 Posts