Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
With no 9mm available, only the 40cal on the market and the fact that the P99 is an M1 version you might assume that Walther would introduce a new M2 version to compete with the Sig 365 and others?

·
Registered
475 Posts
The Walther German site doesn't show the P99c at all. The German P99 full size does have the double lock system. It appears the P99c you seek is not a unicorn....it's extinct!
^^^^Yep.....extinct.

This little volcano is far from being extinct. She spits fire and smoke at regular intervals and causes immense damage to any paper targets in the vicinity.

Admittedly, her location is not on the North American continent.

Balor

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
This little volcano is far from being extinct. She spits fire and smoke at regular intervals and causes immense damage to any paper targets in the vicinity. Admittedly, her location is not on the North American continent.
However, based upon her manufacturer's online site it appears she's been abandoned!

·
Registered
475 Posts
However, based upon her manufacturer's online site it appears she's been abandoned!
I already pointed out (in post #9) that the model has long since disappeared from the carl-walther.de website.

The one you see in the picture is continuing to do what nasty little volcanos do - namely erupting at regular intervals.

Balor

·
Premium Member
13,491 Posts
This little volcano is far from being extinct. She spits fire and smoke at regular intervals and causes immense damage to any paper targets in the vicinity.

Admittedly, her location is not on the North American continent.

Balor
Yep, THAT's what I'm talkin' about.

I need to look into purchasing one on your side of the pond and having it exported/imported to Uhmerika. :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yep, THAT's what I'm talkin' about.

I need to look into purchasing one on your side of the pond and having it exported/imported to Uhmerika.
Theoretically, that would be possible, but as far as I understand it would have to be done on a dealer-to dealer basis. You'd drive yourself nuts with the hoops you'd have to jump through if you attempted to do it as an individual. I'm sure there must be some members on the forum who have attempted an import - maybe they could chime in with their experiences.

The cost is another major factor. The P99c AS retailed at exactly the same price as the full-size P99 AS, which has a current MSRP of 869 Euros (and I've seen it in some places at $1,050). On top of that, you'd have to factor in the extra administrative work of both the export and import parties.

So.......possible, but probably tedious and expensive.

Balor

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
The cost is another major factor. The P99c AS retailed at exactly the same price as the full-size P99 AS, which has a current MSRP of 869 Euros (and I've seen it in some places at $1,050). On top of that, you'd have to factor in the extra administrative work of both the export and import parties. So.......possible, but probably tedious and expensive.

If OF really, really wants it I believe he would spend the bucks. Hell....he's loaded and can easily afford it!;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
I need to look into purchasing one on your side of the pond and having it exported/imported to Uhmerika. :D
While we're on the subject, I had a look for you and turned up two dealers in Germany. The fact that the pistol shows on their websites is, as you know, no guarantee that they actually have it in stock.

So, here we go (I would NOT recommend Frankonia - but I've included them to give you an idea):

https://www.jagdgewehr.de/waffen-shop/kurzwaffen/pistole/walther-p99-compact.php

https://www.frankonia.de/jagd/waffen/kurzwaffen/pistolen/Artikel.html?soldOutArticle=168216&lastSelected=f_s_marke&f_s_marke=Walther

Balor

·
Premium Member
13,491 Posts
Yikes $884 to $982 PLUS all the other 'add on' fees. :eek: Looks like that's gonna exceed my 'beer' budget. :D

I think I'll be writing a letter to Santa Claus....send it via Fedex 'over night delivery'.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yikes $884 to $982 PLUS all the other 'add on' fees. :eek: Looks like that's gonna exceed my 'beer' budget. :D

I think I'll be writing a letter to Santa Claus....send it via Fedex 'over night delivery'.
I've stated this on here before, so forgive me for sounding like a broken record: When it comes to the price of firearms, you folks over there are spoiled rotten!

Oddly, there isn't much of a price difference for the Umarex Walthers. For example, the PK380 in Bud's Gun Shop costs $333, while the German MSRP is 349 Euro ($396) and the street price is less. The price difference for the Ulm Walthers is, by contrast, pretty huge.

Balor

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I've stated this on here before, so forgive me for sounding like a broken record: When it comes to the price of firearms, you folks over there are spoiled rotten!

Oddly, there isn't much of a price difference for the Umarex Walthers. For example, the PK380 in Bud's Gun Shop costs $333, while the German MSRP is 349 Euro ($396) and the street price is less. The price difference for the Ulm Walthers is, by contrast, pretty huge.

Balor
Agree 100%. our markets are extremely different regarding the prices on the modern firearms. However, regarding the costs on classic models such as PP/K, P38, etc. prices on your side are a major bargain compared to what is reflected in the U.S. market.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Agree 100%. our markets are extremely different regarding the prices on the modern firearms. However, regarding the costs on classic models such as PP/K, P38, etc. prices on your side are a major bargain compared to what is reflected in the U.S. market.
Yeah that would be because here we can buy guns for ****s and giggles because we want them, and over there, you need to show that you have a significant need for them, like being a sport shooter, a hunter, or "far more in danger than the average citizen and a gun would help". Which makes a PPK or P.38 just an old, obsolete mass-produced gun of no significant resale value.

·
Registered
475 Posts
.....and I agree 100% with THAT - but there's a fairly logical reason. In most European countries people are much more restricted with regard to the number and types of firearms they can have (compared to the USA), so most folks who decide to purchase a gun would tend to go for a shooter, rather than a collectable (although there are some avid collectors here).

If you go to a Weapons Expo (Gun Show), you'll see tables covered with legacy firearms that don't get anywhere near as much attention as the latest offerings. Pistols of the PP/PPK series are common as dirt - I think mainly because they used to be popular concealed-carry weapons for some police forces and some branches of the military. I don't know of any police/military nowadays that use calibres less than 9mm Para.

A notable exception to this would be the SIG P49 (P210), which is both a collectable AND a shooter (in both 9mm Para and 7.65mm). Although most of the Swiss Army contract was fulfilled by 1953 (to my knowledge), you'd be hard-put to find one of these 65 year old pistols for less than $1,000 - and good ones will go for between $1,800 and $2,200. Collectors value them highly and many target shooters would not be content with anything else.

Balor

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
Are the parts interchangeable? I got a new grip recently which was listed at $45. And then would not the long slide release arms fit the appropriate grip? Is there some difference to the slide? Some difference to fitment of the release arm to the pistol? If the parts would fit they might be much less expensive than a new pistol and involve no SN parts. 1917

See post #2 for parts diagram for P99 and P99C

All I see is two parts that need to be changed. Ambi release and a small spring. No separate grip, slide, trigger assembly shown as required for either part. Could two parts be obtained and swapped? I don't have any idea.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Would love to know if this is an option as one thing I really liked about the PPQ is that long slide release lever. That said, I am very happy with my P99c, puny slide release and all :)

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
file:///Users/laptop6774/Downloads/Walther%20P99%20Schematic%20Rev%202%2016%202015.pdf

Don't know where I got post #2 from unless it was removed. Or unless I got off on some other thread. Hard for old peeps to keep up. Anyway, parts diagram for P99, P99 (old style???) and P99c above. The P99 shows two slightly different slide stop arm springs. The compact shows one spring and both release arm options....the common one and the long ambi. I would assume the rod between the two arms of the ambi replaces the trigger pin. I would have figured OldFart knows all about this already and if it would work.... 1917

OK, don't know how to load that PDF. I searched P99c parts diagram and the links are in a thread at this forum. The links are downloads which show up nice and clear so I guess you guys will have to search the same way since I apparently don't know how to make a pdf download.

·
Registered
475 Posts
file:///Users/laptop6774/Downloads/Walther%20P99%20Schematic%20Rev%202%2016%202015.pdf

Don't know where I got post #2 from unless it was removed. Or unless I got off on some other thread. Hard for old peeps to keep up. Anyway, parts diagram for P99, P99 (old style???) and P99c above. The P99 shows two slightly different slide stop arm springs. The compact shows one spring and both release arm options....the common one and the long ambi. I would assume the rod between the two arms of the ambi replaces the trigger pin. I would have figured OldFart knows all about this already and if it would work.... 1917

OK, don't know how to load that PDF. I searched P99c parts diagram and the links are in a thread at this forum. The links are downloads which show up nice and clear so I guess you guys will have to search the same way since I apparently don't know how to make a pdf download.

It looks like you're right! According to the Parts Diagram, the slide is exactly the same for 9x19, 9x21 and .40 S&W (Part Number 2684641). The same applies to the frame (Part Number 2688271) - there are no variants listed for either slide or frame.

The slide-stop lever for the ambidextrous variant is available as a complete assembly, including pin (#25 on the diagram, Part Number 2770024), so there is no need for either the 28.5mm or the 30.5mm pin (#26 on the diagram).

The spring, however, (#30 on diagram) is different. The ambidextrous lever requires the spring with Part Number 2707641.

So maybe Old Fart is a step closer to getting his ambi-version - he'll just have to find someone to get the parts for him!

Balor

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
.......and to make things even simpler - the ambidextrous slide-stop lever assembly has exactly the same Part Number (2770024) as the full-size P99, the PPQ Classic and the PPQ M2.

So it's just a matter of a small spring!

Balor

21 - 40 of 131 Posts