Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that the P99 Compact models no longer appear on the distributor's dealer only web ordering site.

Has anyone heard anything?

In fact, the only two SKUs that appear for the P99 are both 9mm:

2796326 P99 *MA Compliant* 9mm Luger Double 4" 10+1, UPC #723364207310

2796325 P99 Standard 9mm Luger Double 4" 15+1, UPC #723364200090

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised, & that's probably why Shoot Straight bought a $hitload of them, & were selling them for $339. Probably took all the the inventory Walther had left. It's replacement is probably the PPQ sub compact, for hundred's more. GARY

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised, & that's probably why Shoot Straight bought a $hitload of them, & were selling them for $339. Probably took all the the inventory Walther had left. It's replacement is probably the PPQ sub compact, for hundred's more. GARY
I wouldn't say 100s. Le/Mi get it for 399 from walther. Civilian should get it for 450-500.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I remember just before Shoot Straight started selling the P99’s for $339, we were selling them for $469. Usually, a LE gun costs $80 less than the civilian version, because $80 of Federal excise tax that is paid for in the civilian gun is not included in LE guns. GARY.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Indeed, and still with the photo at the top of the P99 page with a soldier-looking guy decked out in camo/helmet/etc., but inexplicably having the P99c in his hands rather than the full size. I guess it makes more sense than that old HK ad with the bullets in the mags backwards, at least...

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
I'm still holding out for a P99C with elongated, ambidextrous slide lock. I see pictures on many internet sites of this exact pistol, yet, it seems as its a bait and switch. Or the sellers don't have a clue what they're doing....or selling. Ha....I've called more than one site and told em' if they can go to the back and find that 'exact' gun (with PPQ style slide lock) I'd give em' an extra $100. NO takers.

Bottom line: Don't believe all the pictures you see.

I have to say, I hate to see the P99C coming to the end of the trail. Its a pity the buying public couldn't figure the trigger out. DA, AS, SA.....TOO complicated and/or misunderstood.

However, replacing the P99C with the PPQ SC will now have em' complaining the PPQ SC's trigger, although simple enough to understand, is TOO light. :(

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
I too noticed the P99C absence from the RSR site. The P99AS is still there. No sign of the P99C. Not a good sign...

I am glad I got mine while I could. They are a unique and under appreciated firearm. They combine the best of lightweight, polymer, striker fired design and DA/SA.

A few days ago on this forum, there were some good folks saying they were uncomfortable with designs like the PPQ and were more comfortable with DA/SA pistols for carry. The P99C seems like the perfect carry gun for people that are just more comfortable with DA/SA.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yes, but bear in mind that the folks who run that particular website don't actually MAKE them.

On the website of Carl Walther Germany, who do actually make them, the P99c has not been visible for quite some time. Under PRODUKTE > DEFENSE WAFFEN > PISTOLEN, you will see a presentation of 22 articles, of which 15 are PPQ or PPQ-related. The CCP and PK380 are each shown as 2 variants, leaving the Creed, the PPS M2 and the P99 AS with one representation each. The P99c is not shown.

If you go to PORTALE > POLIZEI-PORTAL > Walther P99 > P99 AS Compact, you can still see the model, but it seems that this is just archival.

This doesn't bode well for the future of the P99c. My advice to anyone who is interested in one would be to get one now while you still can.

Balor

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
I'm still holding out for a P99C with elongated, ambidextrous slide lock. I see pictures on many internet sites of this exact pistol, yet, it seems as its a bait and switch. Or the sellers don't have a clue what they're doing....or selling. Ha....I've called more than one site and told em' if they can go to the back and find that 'exact' gun (with PPQ style slide lock) I'd give em' an extra $100. NO takers.

Bottom line: Don't believe all the pictures you see.

I have to say, I hate to see the P99C coming to the end of the trail. Its a pity the buying public couldn't figure the trigger out. DA, AS, SA.....TOO complicated and/or misunderstood.

However, replacing the P99C with the PPQ SC will now have em' complaining the PPQ SC's trigger, although simple enough to understand, is TOO light. :(
I agree the trigger could come off as complicated and probably confused people. I always looked at it as a good DA/SA trigger with an optional third mode (that I never used).

I mean it's a pretty darn good DA/SA trigger. I like the HK P30sk but in my humble opinion, the P99c trigger is just soooooo much better.

Sorry for the rant. The P99c deserved to be more popular than it evidently was.

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
You're gonna have to hurry, David. P99C availability, especially in 9mm, is drying up. I shoulda picked up 10 of em' at $339. :(

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yeah, I hear you. Not good timing for me to buy another pistol right now. As much as I love my PPQs, the P99c is definitely a keeper.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I'm still holding out for a P99C with elongated, ambidextrous slide lock. I see pictures on many internet sites of this exact pistol, yet, it seems as its a bait and switch. Or the sellers don't have a clue what they're doing....or selling. Ha....I've called more than one site and told em' if they can go to the back and find that 'exact' gun (with PPQ style slide lock) I'd give em' an extra $100.
If you look at Walther's site you will see the elongated slide lock but the models have the European style mag release.

Additional Info: It appears that SSDInternational does have the paddle mag release/extended slide stop P99c 9mm for sale on GB. I called SSD and CS confirmed it is the paddle release model.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/793480433

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
OK, I want a P99C with elongated (PPQ type) slide locks and paddle mag release. Seems as every numbnutts selling a P99C displays a picture showing the elongated, ambidextrous slide lock and, of course, paddle mag release.... IT'S BAIT AND SWITCH.

As far as I know the unicorn I'd like to have is not available on this side of the pond.

Here's a picture of the unicorn as captured from a sellers ad. Yeah, that's the one I want.....they're friggin' teasin' me.

Walthers site.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
OK, I want a P99C with elongated (PPQ type) slide locks and paddle mag release. Seems as every numbnutts selling a P99C displays a picture showing the elongated, ambidextrous slide lock and, of course, paddle mag release.... IT'S BAIT AND SWITCH.

As far as I know the unicorn I'd like to have is not available on this side of the pond.

OF...CS at SSD said the model shown on GB is the actual model they have up for bid. Click on the link in my previous post. I suggest you call them and talk with the person handling the sale directly.

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
OF...CS at SSD said the model shown on GB is the actual model they have up for bid. Click on the link in my previous post. I suggest you call them and talk with the person handling the sale directly.
Geez.....the model in the SSD ad is the current model with the paddle mag release and the standard P99 'one side' slide lock. That ain't what I'm looking for.

I'd be ALL OVER a P99C like the one if the first picture in my post above....PPQ ambidextrous slide lock. (They're non-existent on this side of the pond).

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Geez.....the model in the SSD ad is the current model with the paddle mag release and the standard P99 'one side' slide lock. That ain't what I'm looking for.
The Walther German site doesn't show the P99c at all. The German P99 full size does have the double lock system. It appears the P99c you seek is not a unicorn....it's extinct!

1 - 20 of 131 Posts