Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
first time back in awhile.ill keep it short and sweet.looking for the above mentioned pistol.the gundealer down the street has them but only in 9mm($605.00).im in dutchess cpounty ny.any help would be apprieciated,i dont want to wait a few months for one around here.

mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
I started my search for a P99c AS in 40cal last year around this time as a xmas gift to myself. My number one mistake was listening to the sales reps at the new Gander Mountain in Kingston (Ulster County). After waiting 3 months and getting alot of empty promises from GM... I stopped off at Ruger's Customs Guns (no affiliation to Ruger guns...just thier last name) and spoke with Marie and Chris the owners, she went online to their supplier and found that she could have one in QA for me in two days...so two days later I had my P99c QA 40cal. The AS was not an option in 40cal. at the time; and, I have now found that I really like the QA action and have no regrets.

They may not be the least expensive since they are not a chain store (quite the opposite) as I paid 665.00 plus tax. But Chris is a pretty good smith and don't mind supporting the little guys for specialty items such as handguns. In fact I am not sure why I had not gone to them in the first place as they are where I got my first handgun (a Keltec P3AT) and have since had Chris re-blue a S&W revolver.

They are located on Morton Blvd. in Kingston and their number is 845-336-7106.

Best of luck with your P99.

Mike  

·
Registered
44 Posts
MikesP1 - Do you find muzzle flip & recoil to be excessive with the P99c .40?

I'd love the power-to-size ratio of the little .40 but am hesitant for fear of nasty muzzle flip.

Maybe it's something that the shooter adapts to with practice?

Not many people have tried a P99c in .40 so it's difficult to find feedback on what one is really like.

·
Registered
14 Posts
napolean dynamite, NO I have not found there to be any problem with muzzle flip or recoil with mine...I do tend to use a 2 hand grip....and never have much of a problem with follow on target aquisition. I find the P99c very accurate...even at 25 yards
Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts