Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woo hoo - local shop is ordering me a fullsize P99 A/S - Will have it Thur or Fri. Now I just have to decide if I will sell my fullsize USP or my telescope to cover it. I think I will sell my telescope, but it depends on how much grief I get from the Mrs.

I have not used it since we moved into our new house - Streetlight in the front yard, and a huge field behind us with billions of mosquitoes. It just sits in my spare room anyway...

·
Registered
821 Posts
NO!!!!!

Don't sell the telescope! I sold mine and am very sad that I parted with it. I don't wish that feeling on another person, especially if you went through the trouble to buy one in the first place!

-stunks

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I have an SW99 and a P99 compact - No fullsize P99 - Had one, dropped it and damaged the frame. Irritated me so much that I had to sell it since it was my all time fav gun. So, I am in need of another fullsize P99 A/S.

I still can't decide about the telescope or the fullsize USP...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I think that is his only full size P99...if I remember correctly he has a compact and a SW (SW's don't count
).

I would hate to see you sell either your USP of Tele...but since I am not a star gazer...sounds like you need to sell yourself to your wife for 6 months and tell her you will be her love slave and do whatever she wishes. You know work out your debt in service rendered....

I'd try it anyhow...it may work. A win/win proposition.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, that won't work. I'll have to fund it myself. She does not like guns.

We already "owed me" $1200. I sold some guns right before she decided 1 day to go buy a house. Anyway, that money got sucked into the down payment w/ the understanding that I would get it back. I later sold a couple more guns, and she insisted that that $ was my payback - obviously, we disagreed. And, for the past year, we have disagreed.

I probably got $300 or so back here and there w/ gun refinishing debts. When I got my HK USP compact a couple of months back, I was $300 short - I agreed to drop the issue if she let me spend $300 of the house money.

So, I got at least 1/2 of my $1200 back. I'll have to leave it there for the peace of my marriage

·
Registered
63 Posts
I suggest getting rid of the USP. As lovely a gun as it is, a telescope is always great for some relaxation out doors. Get rid of what you have more of = guns

Enjoy the full-size P99! It's an amazing gun.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I have all week to think about it. I won't sell anything until I have the gun in my hand - to make sure no rust, scratches, etc. When I got my P99c, they actually ordered 3 compact S&W99's in a row - and each had rust. Finally, he was able to find a P99c.

So, once I have it, I have about a month to come up w/ the cash to pay the credit card off.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts

Oh lord.. I love my ARMY chick..... she supported 8 guns in 6 months.... and I just put a 1966 P38 on layaway.... original no import marks...targert .. LNIB.....
and since our house in Missouri sold.... I see a Blackpowder rifel in the near future ... as CX4 & PX4... a USC... M&P in 9mm and ummm good lord some more....

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm pleasantly surprised to see all the telescope support here on this forum! I have a C11 on an Atlas mount myself. You didn't say what kind of telescope you're thinking of selling. If you have plans to upgrade it at some point it may be better to sell it now and buy a new one later. The USP sure is nice. I guess you'll have to decide if you like the USP better than the P99c. If so then don't sell/buy anything. If you like the P99c better then sell the USP.

I'm moving into my new house in a week or so. There should be far better skies although more cloudy. No street lights. Mosquitos could be an issue though.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I was giving an example in my last post about the P99c - I already have it - It's a fullsize P99 that I am getting, and I have to decide what I will sell to pay for it.

I have a StarMax 127 telescope - and an entire set of plossl lenses and some filters. New, all of it would cost about $1200. If I sold it, I'd hope to get $800-$850.

Or, the USP 9mm - 500 rounds thru it - 4 hi cap mags and two 10 rounders.
I'd wanted $575-$600 for it.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Oh, sorry, should have read more carefully. Maks are nice. I've only looked through a few but will probably end up with one sooner or later.

If you like the P99 better than the USP I'd sell the USP. They are comparable guns so I don't think you'd need both.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I will decide once I have the P99 in my hand at the end of the week.

I checked all my telescope stuff out, and will decide on Fri or Sat probably.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts