Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought a P99 9*19 two months. It is my very first handgun, I have very limited experience with handguns. When I first got it I think I put to much oil on everywhere, the two holes on the right behind what I believe is called the "hood" of the barrel oil oozes out should I be concerned about that? Also is there anyway you people can show me with "pictures" exactly what I am suppose to oil. I thought of using gun scrubber in that striker box and assembly but I am afraid of taking the paint off of loaded chamber indicator and striker cocked indicator, what do you think.

GREAT GUN BY THE WAY

Thank You & Take Care'
'
LandLover

·
Registered
69 Posts
From a practical standpoint ( I carry a .40 P-99 on-duty), if you have oil oozing from somewhere, it's probably too much. I use a minimal amount on friction areas and a drop or two on the recoil spring. Anything more than that collects lint, dirt and other crud.
My cleaner of choice (for my handgun) is a Break-Free scrub followed by a 50/50 Simple Green rinse. The Break Free gets all the powder and carbon off and the Simple Green removes the oily residue. I have used this combo on all my duty weapons for several years and it keeps the finish nice.
Gun Scrubber is great for guns with a lot of buildup or with a lot of hard to reach places. I Use it on my AR-15 because it doesn't have a nice finish to screw up. Gun Scrubber will remove paint from chamber indicators.

Congrats on the new gun!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Besides what has already been said, I clean with MP7, then very lightly oil.  In warmer months, I use grease on the rails.
No oozing of any oil. I wipe down the exposed areas of the slide with a silicone cloth.
About every 6 mths, it's a good frame scrubbing with the Simple Green/water solution (blow dry, lightly oil).

·
Registered
122 Posts
The P-99 manual is little help so I use the lubrication points for a Glock as a guide.  They are similar.  Like a Glock, the P-99 does not require a lot of lubrication.  I have had my P-99's for almost three years and have not had any problems.      

·
Registered
69 Posts
Grease, hmmm....
I never really tried grease on the slide rails. Sounds interesting. What type/brand grease does anyone reccomend? Do you have a problem with lint, ect. build-up? How long will the grease last?
I read on the PPK posts that some members do this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.