Walther Forums banner

P99 break in

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Stoping Power 
You didn't say whether your P99 is 9,mm or .40, but I started my P99 AS 9mm out on 115 gr WWB from WallyWorld and 500+ rounds later, not so much as a hiccup!

I did find with my Sig P228 that it didn't like the Remington UMC 115 gr rounds at first, so I switched to 124 gr WWB for a while. But after a few hundred rounds I went back to 115 gr and never had another problem.

I'd go ahead and use whatever you were planning on...if you have problems, then you can always switch to a heavier round.

As far as the mags...I don't know anyone who has tried. Mine came with two 15-rd factory mags. I guess it couldn't hurt to ask them....

Enjoy your Walthers!
Jim

I mean I've shot 500+ rounds (mostly the 115 gr FMJ) without a single problem. I'd consider it completely reliable....and I did from day one!

As far as self-defense loads, I have Federal 124 gr +p Expanding Full Metal Jacket rounds loaded. I did a little "testing" with them and I was very pleased. I put the results on my website, here: http://users.adelphia.net/~navy87guy/ballistics.html

I think they'll be more than sufficient should the need ever arise.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.