Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is my first post on this forum and though I have not even picked up my Walther I wanted to get it off to the best possible start

I read on a different forum somewhere that people recommend breaking in the first 500 rounds or so with 147 grain bullets.  Then again many people say they broke theirs in with 115 and have yet to have a single problem.

What's your personal experiene with this and do you subsequently think it's advantageous to use higher grain ammo in the early times?

Thanks!

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great, Thanks for the replies everybody.

Sent in for my all black P99 (9mm) from Doc's Walthers today.

Sadly, I got ripped off at the dealer though on the transfer for $65!!
I then went down the street and found a shop that would do it for $30 but the original place (a pawn shop) would not give me my money back. They did have a no refunds/exchanges notice on their receipt but I told them I wanted to cancel the deal within 20 minutes of paying them.
I think it was a ridiculous decision by the boss and I will file complaints after I receive my firearm.

I guess I should have done more thorough research first but has anybody had a similar experience or suggestions/ideas/comments?

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I certainly will give you an update as soon as I take it out.

As far as the complaint goes: I know it said no returns but it's still pretty crappy business ethics if you ask me. I will probably call the Attorney General of Florida and the BBB (Better Business Bureau).
I agree that most likely nothing will happen but I simply refuse to take this stuff lying down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.