Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, not that I am in the market for a suppressor but I was wondering today
Could one take a P99 9mm barrel and thread it and put it in the P99c and attach a suppressor to it

That would be a P99c tactical ...... mmmmm that be sooo sweet I bet....

Hope I just didn't get somebody ideas to spend more money.. and if so don't send your wife after me  

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I put my P99 barrel in my P99c...... works .....
now the question is
0.5 inches enough to get the barrel threaded

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
maybe buy one of those extra barrels - doesn'tbarsto or Jarvis make one? I believe they took it off of their website, but you might still be able to call and ask. Maybe they can thread one for you

·
Registered
86 Posts
My P99 9mm fullsize has 3/8 of thread BUT the guide rod shoots out the front of the frame a bit when it cycles, it's too fast to see totally but when I called the can maker he told me to leave a distance of barrel that was non threaded outside the slide, can't remember how much but he threaded it. Otherwise the gude rod will slam into the can. I have a total of 3/4 of a inch outside the slide with the last 3/8 threaded. I expect the same is true of the C but maybe not as the rod is shorter.

Plan to do the same one of these days.

Rockets Out...

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok now that we are talking out of the 1/2 inch range .... can we change to mm

I still suck a standard measurements... so anything other then 1/4  or 1/2  makes my brain ache

So maybe put on a thread and then a thread adaptor

·
Registered
86 Posts
A Thread adaptor the way it works would have to go back into the slide, the fact that there will be a slight edge where the adaptor and the barrel met would tear at the barrel hole in the frame.

Aftermarket extended is what I did. I did use a Glcok longslide barrel for a G17 and it worked well but there was enough extra barrel. About the P99c, call SWR and ask how much thread and how far out the barrel it must extend, Joe is great.

To do MM to inches head for this link,

Rockets out....Inch to MM

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rockets what I ment is

If you use a P99 barrel and thread it to drop it in the P99c... then put a thread adaptor on it... would it clear the guid rod ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Try this, it's a visual thing, watch the barrel come out and go back into the slide and you can see a adaptor would likely not work. Try it on your full size with the full size barrel.

We are actually talking 3/4 of a inch total so it is about 20 mm. At least on the P99 full without the smooth extra part sticking ouside the slide the guide rod will slap the can. 3/8 inch threaded, total including the threads and smooth is 3/4 inch. If the P99c needs the same length of smoothness I don't know, Call Joe at SWR and he will know.

Take your P99 (fullsize), put in a empty mag and lock back the slide, see how much more the guide rod sticks out more then the barrel, you can see why it can't be threaded all the way but must have more barrel than just thread hanging out of the gun, without this it would even hit the front of the frame. Now release the slide and the barrel is about flush, I think a adaptor even if it could retreat into the slide would tear up the slide as there would be a slight crack/gap between the barrel and adaptor that would catch in the muzzle hole as it went back into the slide. And you can not just do this with the P99 or P99c to take mesurements as live firing makes that rod shoot out even more. I can tell you what works on a P99 but on the C I would call Joe of yoy plan on doing it down the road, someone had a factory P99 barrel on Ebay but it may not be there anymore.

Rockets Out....

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just changed my above post so you can see with your eyes what I am talking about, it hard to put this into words, try the above and you will get the idea.

Rockets Out....

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just popped my P99 barrel in my P99c
slide locked back I have 5mm from front of guid rod to end of barrel left....when the slide is forward it is even more (about 12 or 13mm) the half inch the barrel is by nature longer
I think I will have to think about it....and I will call SWR and see what they have to say.....
What I ment with the thread adaptor is ......
since I got half inch of smooth outside the slide when the slide is forward.... then put on a thread adaptor it might make it long enough to clear the guid rod once the slide is back due to the adaptor not being as big in diameter as the can itself... this adding some extra length to the barrel so the can might clear the guid rod after all

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh, I got ya, I was thinking more of the P22 adaptor. That is why we were not understanding each other.

That could work, though the nature of cans that's two places to unscrew. They say tighten them every 30 rounds and I find that to be about true as the airflow slowly unscrews them, then they tilt and you do what is called a can launch. Can hangs at a bit of a angle, you don't notice it, the bullet hits a baffel and you can flys downrange normally destroyed. As long as you can locktite the adaptor on with some some really heat really heat resistant locktite I don't see why it would not work.

Rockets Out...

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

1 - 13 of 13 Posts