Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if Walther treats their barrels with the tennifer process the same as Glock does. The reason I am asking is my 9mm P99 barrel has marks on the rifling that look like deposits but aren't as no amount of scrubbing with a brass bore brush will remove. I remember that some of my Glock pistol barrels have the same type of marks and was told that this is the tennifer finish that is wearing off and that it is typically gone after about 1,000 rounds are fired. Got 400 through the P99 so I will be watching.

·
Registered
411 Posts
My guess is that its copper or brass deposits.
Try some Hoppes #9 and then scrub with your brass brush.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Might want to plug end of barrell and fill with H#9 and soak for a while...this should remove even stuborn deposits. Let us know!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No it is definitely not copper deposits. I have even tried a few passes with a stainless steel bore brush to no effect and I always use Hoppes #9. Even let it sit overnight with no effect. Looks like a chipping effect on the inside surface of the barrel on the land area. Just like that exhibited by some of my Glock barrels.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Every time afer returning from the range. Winchester 9mm nato ammo and Federal preminum 9mm Hydro Shok.

·
Registered
411 Posts
None of my Glocks, and none of my P99's have ever exhibited anything like your describing, and I have around 7k rounds thru my P99, and nearly 15k rounds thru my Glock 17. Both bores look just like brand new.
None of my other pistols have ever shown anything other than copper deposits in the bore.
From round 1 to round 15k, i've never seen anything out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It dosen't affect the way it shoots so I will take a wait and shoot it stance and see what happens.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was appalled at my cleaning ability after one use of the Bore Snake. The Bore Snake completely cleaned out my rifling and made it seem almost new again! Totally impressive, even without overnight soaking. Have you tried a Bore Snake?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts