1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had nothing better to do....
So here are some pics of the P99 with the SD barrel
this one has a "AF" date code
And no I have no can for it yet.... but will by the time the Army won't move us around anymore...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nice pictures! I see something on the grip, is it a hogue?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No
it's a Walther factory Dermagrip.....
Earl's sells them for $20 though I seen them before for less.... and I think currently there is on on Gunsamerica (link shows a pic of what it looks 'unmounted')
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976790363.htm
I am not sure about the seller though.. might be from Germany... since the areacode shows 049.. which is the country dialing code for Germany

It is like heatshrink.... and it is permanent... the only way to get if off is to cut it..... then it is not reusable.....
not to be used on metal frames.. as it might "trapp" moisture underneith

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wow! that last picture is awesome! Thanks for clarifying me about the grip.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ummm you guessed it right.... Earls
it did come with the protector .... and it is 13.5x1 left or is it 13x1 left.... no I can't even remember

·
Registered
354 Posts
I use to have a threaded barrel for mine till ATF snatched it for not paying some importation tax from that shit company in Germany. I miss it that made the gun look great.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ummm what you talking about ??
Did you buy it from Germangund.de ??

·
Registered
354 Posts
Kahey or some company similar to that name. I bought a threaded barrel in 01-02 and the ATF was busting the company for not following US laws. They couldn't pin anything on the company as they complied with all German laws. The ATF said I had to pay some tax to get my barrel and I had not.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW....
sorry to hear that.....
ATF wouldn't let you fix the import papers ?? Or pay the fee after you got it...
I am sure glad I got it... it looks good .. and once not moving around anymore it will get a suppressor

·
Registered
354 Posts
Nope no dice with the ATf they were after taht company I posted about it along time ago. Apparently several people had a problem with the company selling stuff on gunbroker.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I guess ther was somebody else that tried the export too...
Germanguns.de....... but from what I understand he didn't renew his German permit and couldn't sell anything that requiered a German "weapons card" at all....
*edit
for what it is worth I think I will do a "custom built" P99/AS for that barrel.... and keep the Black one stock.... just need some funds for the built

1 - 13 of 13 Posts