Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pistols in question are both LNIB with the full size having three mags at $400, and the compact with four mags for $375. Which would be the more attractive pistol deal outside small price savings?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
578 Posts
What OF said.

If you plan on carrying regularly, both will work.

If you plan on shooting regularly, both will work.

If you like both equally, by both, as both will work.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What OF said.

If you plan on carrying regularly, both will work.

If you plan on shooting regularly, both will work.

If you like both equally, by both, as both will work.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
I am considering both.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Fullsize.

I previously had several P99s at 1 time, over 10 years ago. I always liked the fullsize more than the compact.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Get both. I have both and they are great. My P99c is my workhorse and on me 99% of the time or close to that. I had it on me as Hurricane Michael approached, passed directly over us, left us without power for a few days and during the cleanup and aftermath.

Reactions: Dukes4aces

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I own both along with a PPS. If I could only keep one it would be the P99c because with a sleeve you ca use full size magazines and have a full grip but you also have the versatilty of using 10 round magazines for ease of CC.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am considering both.

Jmag- If you can afford both, I'd grab them up. They're both priced really well, for used guns. If you end up liking them both, then fantastic! Or if you end up not liking one, you can sell or trade it.

I really like the p99 platform. Great guns! But for Me, the p99c handgrip is a bit small, with my medium sized hands.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have both and the compact is one of my carry pistols. Both shoot great at the range or yard. One can always use the sleeve for the compact.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Both are fantastic pistols.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought the compact for use as one of my CCW pistols. I also have an MR9 Eagle 4.5" that came with two 15 round mags (that are common to the P99 AS and P99c AS). I bought an extra Walther P99 AS mag and the extension sleeve for use on the P99c AS. If you can only afford one and want to use it as a CCW pistol, I'd say go for the compact. You can then buy a 15 round magazine and sleeve and use it for general range use/home defense as well. Just swap between the 10 round mag for CCW and the 15 round mag for home defense. The compact shoots absolutely amazing and carries very well with an AIWB kydex holster ( I have a Vedder LightTuck).

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I own both. I would say that if you're choosing one or the other, which is best depends on your intended purpose. My personal experience, in a USPSA competition setting, is that the full size is significantly easier to shoot accurately when you're going fast. The full size grip makes controlling recoil a lot easier. It also means you don't run the risk of pinching your hand on reloads, or have to break your grip to do reloads. The extra 1/2" of sight radius doesn't hurt, either. That said, if your purpose for this purchase is concealed carry, the compact will be easier to hide. You'll still have to dress around it, but not quite as much as if you were trying to conceal the full size.

For basically anything but concealed carry, I'd choose the full size over the compact. Concealed carry is why I own the compact.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
The P99C is all I need in a poly pistol and then some. I don't shoot competition. For me, I find the P99C with sleeve to be great for range, home defense, AND concealed carry. Personally I see no need to have multiples and would rather spend the money adding other less common pistols to my collection.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Dumb question. Will a P99C fit in a P99 Holster? I figure the answer is yes. I just want to make sure. Thanks!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Dumb question. Will a P99C fir in a P99 Holster? I figure the answer is yes. I just want to make sure. Thanks!
You figured right. The P99c will fit in holsters designed for the current P99, but probably not in holsters designed for the original P99.

The retention system, if available, will work also, since, apart from the length of the grip and barrel, the geometry of both pistols is the same.

Balor

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Figured as much. Thanks for the clarification.

Carry on...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I don't shoot competition.
You should. It'll make you a better shooter.

For me, I find the P99C with sleeve to be great for range, home defense, AND concealed carry.
If you're carrying the compact with the sleeve and full-size mags, why not just carry the full size? You'd get easier mag changes and an extra half inch of sight radius. You're already dealing with the longer grip, so why not get the benefits the bigger gun offers?

Personally I see no need to have multiples and would rather spend the money adding other less common pistols to my collection.
Sure, if collecting is your thing, have at it. I don't own any "safe queens," so in my mind duplicates (or near duplicates with the same manual of arms) are beneficial. If my 'c' or my full size breaks, I can press the other into service if needed and not have any mental/muscle memory hangups. If I had the budget for it, I'd have two of each in order to have exact duplicates as spares.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You should. It'll make you a better shooter.
If you're carrying the compact with the sleeve and full-size mags, why not just carry the full size? You'd get easier mag changes and an extra half inch of sight radius. You're already dealing with the longer grip, so why not get the benefits the bigger gun offers?
Sure, if collecting is your thing, have at it. I don't own any "safe queens," so in my mind duplicates (or near duplicates with the same manual of arms) are beneficial. If my 'c' or my full size breaks, I can press the other into service if needed and not have any mental/muscle memory hangups. If I had the budget for it, I'd have two of each in order to have exact duplicates as spares.
Yeah, I wish that My budget allowed for that, as well.
Or....heaven forbid you have to draw....and you get your pistol confiscated.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts