Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been googling about trying to find one. Plenty of sites have “Out of Stock” and “On Backorder” but no luck yet. In 9mm please. .40’s are available but wish it in 9.
Anyone know of a site that has them (new) for sale?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damnit! What kind of pal are you?
Well, if they are truly coming in once a year batches - hoping this gun is still in that mix, we must be about due for a run I think.
Thanks. I’ll keep checking. And kicking myself for not getting one when I had the chance!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe I will send them an email.
I’m sure the response (if any) will be some non-answer but I may get lucky.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
Maybe I will send them an email.
I’m sure the response (if any) will be some non-answer but I may get lucky.
Thanks!
I'm sure Earl will be glad to answer your question. I discussed the P99 issue with him last December and he stated that Walther had ceased production for both the US and Germany.

Just got off the phone with Ft Smith and they describe the status as essentially non production.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I'm sure Earl will be glad to answer your question. I discussed the P99 issue with him last December and he stated that Walther had ceased production for both the US and Germany.

Just got off the phone with Ft Smith and they describe the status as essentially non production.

The problem is that they have said so before from posts around. It seems that they only do limited production runs ONCE they have a contract from a police agency and apparently run off a few more for civilian sales. Perhaps no more P99s (which would be a true shame) or perhaps not. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oooo. That’s not what I wanted to hear.
Would greatly prefer new. Better double-down on my searches.
Saw a couple a few months ago.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I see them on the auction sites now and again. Sometimes new or near new. You have a better chance of seeing bigfoot riding a unicorn than you do of finding a NIB P99C in your local gun store (of course your mileage my vary).

I walked into a gun store/pawn shop in Mesa AZ in 2016 to special order my P99C 9mm after probably visiting every gun store in phoenix metro area trying to find one in stock. I paid about 560 dollars for it.

They will come around. I recommend keep searching the SKU/product number in gundeals (or a similar search engine) and eventually they will come around (or not). I know for a period of time the P99 AS (full size) was not available anywhere and now you can get them from a number of dealers. Tombstone tactical had over 30 of the fullsize ones in stock last time I checked.

If you're looking at the auction sites you may also look at the SW99 compact. It is generally the same package although most of them DON'T feature the elongated magazine release and most of them DO feature the ski hump. Depending on your needs and usage those features may or may not be desirable or even deal breakers. I know, for me, the short magazine release is very much inferior - so much so that I replaced my SW99 9mm with a P99 AS 9mm (most recent edition) just to get the longer magazine release.

Of course you could go Total Bubba on a fullsize P99 and just chop the grip down to P99C lengths similar to how some people will chop the grip on a G17 to accept G19 magazines. 4 inches vs 3.5 on the slide isn't a big difference in concealment/weight and the width is the same. If you did the cuts skillfully you could use a grip extension on a fullsize magazine to return it to a fullsize when wanted. That would be a very cool project actually.

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
Tombstone tactical had over 30 of the fullsize ones in stock last time I checked.

Now they show 76! However, Walther Germany has dropped the P99, C and full size, from their catalog. The assumption from Ft Smith (today) is that they run a batch of full size once in a while for law enforcement and when they have excess they ship them to the US.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts