Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

i am new guy here. I didnt shoot for maybe two years, now i am coming back to have fun, renew and increase skills.
As i am from Czech i tried many of CZ models, also Glocks, SIGs, Steyer's. Dont know why but i ve never thought i will choose Walther unil i tried friend's 990. I was not satisfied with the trigger but pistol fits to my hand like i was born with it, i ve never feel like that.
That was reason for final decision - P99 AS 9mm without testing it.
Yesterday was the day when i went shoot it for the first time and compare it to G19. I was really surprised.
Whith my bad hands pistol stil did the work for me better then i would imagine. And i am pretty sure it s more pistol then me these days :).

my impress:
- ergonomy is marvelous, comparing to G19 it fits perfectly to my hand (smallest backstrap, middle was also ok but not so good)
- almost no kick comparing to G19 with Sellier&Bellot FMJ and FMJ subsonic(always heard different stories)
- i like SA trigger including point when i can feel it will start fire
- i love short reset of SA
- at this moment i am unfamiliar with DA mode, better with switching from DA to SA after first shot in DA, feel like finger is not on the right place and i am wresting off to the right little bit - more training can help (whish there is possibility change it to SA only)
- i am not comfortable with release pin yet, again, nothing terrible and training should help
- aiming:
for very accurate aiming i am dissatisfied with standart sights, to much space around front sight in my hands (do i have them short ? :) ), again it s about training and i know it s not sport pistol but probably i will change the standart sights
for quick defense hit the center was more fortune at 25 meters but i was still able keep it more or less in black, better then with pistols in the past

At the end i can tell i choose the right one, i like it and i will recommend it to the others :).

Pictures:
My P99 AS gallery

Target 25 metres, 2 x (2 x 10) shots, double shots as quick as possible including changing magazines. 1 shot went totaly out of target.
25 metres target

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome, and congratulations on your choice of firearms ;)

I like the pic of the right side of the pistol -- no import mark of any kind!

·
Registered
146 Posts
wellcome

Hello Tomulli

Thanks for sharing. Very nice when people post their targets. I woud like to ask you. You shot with only 10 rounds in each mag, that is because you chose to, right? there is no law in Cezch that forbids normal capacity mags, or? Second question, is that walther paper target available to download as pdf somewhere in the net?
Thanks again for posting

Best regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello P99Freak, yes you re right there is no law what will limit mag capacity. I loaded 10 as it was easier for me count and also push 10 bullets inside, 15 is maximum of my mag.

About target, i dont know if it s possible download it as pdf but i can make copy of real one and save it as pdf if you re interested.

·
Registered
146 Posts
hi again Tomulli

I would be interested if that does not cause you much trouble (the pdf)

I live in Mexico, very close to USA. I am suscribed to a shooting range in CA. They only rent Glocks so I havent been able to try the P99. I don't have complains at all on the Glock 19 and 17, but hopefully some day i find a range that rents the P99 because is a very nice gun.

I see some people criticize of having muzzle flip on the P99, hopefully is something that can be tamed, and i think it must, because i see many fans of P99.

Regards

H

·
Registered
93 Posts
OOPS! :eek:

Lol, my bad. And thanks for the correction. That right there is reason enough alone to become a supporting member just to edit the post and pretend it never happened.

Nothing to see here people... move along.

·
Registered
51 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts