Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got me an A/S - Lets hope I don't drop this one

It's a 2006 model. Shot 165 rounds thru it after I picked it up - worked great. I adjusted the sight to bring it 1 inch closer to the right, and then it did its part if I did mine. I was very tired today, so I think I could do better next time. Plus, I was too excited with going to pick it up

They called me at 10am this morning, so I was waiting all day

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks great. How do you like the new mag release? I didn't like it. I've got a stack of 16 rnd L.E. 9mm mags just begging for a new 99. By the time I get around to it I'll probably end up with the longer release.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I prefer the shorter mag release too. But, what can ya do?

Yes, I plan to have it hard chromed at the end of July.

And YES, I do need a lanyard or a lot of velcro

·
Registered
63 Posts
Very nice! Looks gorgeous!

I didn't think I'd be a fan of the extended magazine release either, but I've gotta admit that it fits my thumb just about perfect.

Can't wait to see how it looks hard-chromed! I'm definitely looking to do that to mine as well.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, after messing w/ it last night, and practicing some dry firing, the mag release is growing on me - but you have to put your finger further forward than on the older style. Hope I don't get confused between all the guns

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have an 05 AS with the long mag release and it has grown on me...don't have to shift the grip as much to dump a mag. works for me
cheers,
Derek

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, its slowly growning on me - I was just used to the otherw ay with my compact P99 and SW99. It's not too bad :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was surprised to find that it feels very natural for me to operate the mag release with my trigger finger!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts