Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9mm p99. I was looking at a parts break down and most of the part claim they were for 9mm/40cal. Does any one know what it wouls take to make my 9mm fire 40cals? I know the frames are the same, as is the extractor, mag release not sure about anything else. Could I buy a 40cal barrel and it work in my slide? Are do I need to buy complete barrel and slide? If so who sale barrels and the slides.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I don't think you can go from 9mm to .40 S&W without changing the slide. I believe the breech face on the slide would not accommodate the .40 case head (but I could be wrong
).

I know that Bar-Sto IS making a 9mm barrel that you can put into your .40S&W P99 and shoot 9mm in it.

Never heard of anyone going the other way.

James

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I figured The 40 is a good bit larger than the 9mm. Do you know of anyone that sales slides and barrels in 40cal?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
You could probably buy a nice .40S&W P99 for the price of tracking down a slide and barrel

Check GunsAmerica/GunBroker and Auction Arms for occasional deals.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
28 Posts
A question about that - with the 9mm barrel in the .40 slide, do you then use 9mm mags?

I ask b/c I'm about to buy another P99 in a short bit, and was thinking about just getting the .40 and using a that Bar-Sto barrel, and I alreay have several legal full cap 9mm mags.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used 9mm mag with 40cal in them in my glock just to see if they would work and it would not feed correctly. The lips on the 9mm mag are a tad bit closer together to feed the smaller bullet. The 40 cal round would nose into the feedramp and stop. Kinda dangerous (round could go off outside the chamber, I used snap caps to see if they would feed not live rounds) I would like to have a 40 cal slide and barrel to put on my 9mm frame along with 40 cal mags. The frames 40cal/9mm are the same part # as is the extractor, decocker, striker. Like mentioned before the slide has to be different because the difference in the dia. of the bullet and the barrel dia is bigger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts