Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Joe,

If my memory serves me correctly, the answer to your question is no. It has something to do with the size of the opening on your .40. It is possible however to do a conversion from your .40 cal to .357. There is a company out there that does such a barrel and magazine just for our Walthers. I think the company for the barrel conversion is named "Barstow." You may want to do a google search to make sure.

But yes, you're right. The 9mm's are less expensive to shoot than .40's. I am glad I have a 9mm (not to rub it in, of course.)

Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I have heard from some people who have converted other guns. Sometimes ya get lucky and the conversion makes for a trouble free gun - and sometimes U get an occassional jam from the new barrel. So, don;t rely on a conversion for a self defense gun. Just use it at the range...

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Shipwreck and Othelo are both correct.....
there is (was) a .357 conversion.. not that it would make shooting any cheaper.....
search on this forum and you find a few posts....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My interest for the conversion is just to keep ammo costs down at the range.

For carry I prefer to stay with the .40 but the 9mm would be almost half the cost to practice with.

The .357 leaves me with the same dilemma. Costs for ammo are not much different than .40 ammo.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Too bad someone does not sell a conversion kit. It would be easy to keep the outside diameter of the barrel the same while making the inside diameter 9mm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts