Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Gentlemen
Any update about the old Meggar magazine (orange tip) for the P99 in .40 ? Failures ? Advices welcome.
I bought a P99 four years ago and is in a mint condition yet. I use my USP.
Txs, Jorge

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I've got black, orange and blue followers and I've never had any problems with any of them. Some say they've had slide lock or lack of slide lock issues with the black and orange followers. If I were you, I'd just take it out and use them. If there seems to be a problem, contact S&W for some blue followers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[b said:
Quote[/b] (P88 @ July 03 2005,18:26)]I've got black, orange and blue followers and I've never had any problems with any of them.  Some say they've had slide lock or lack of slide lock issues with the black and orange followers.  If I were you, I'd just take it out and use them.  If there seems to be a problem, contact S&W for some blue followers.
Thank you, I´m taking your advice seriously,
Jorge

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have two mags with orange followers. In cold weather they did not lock the slide back 80% of the time. When I contacted S&W they said I should send back the entire mag as the sheetmetal is slightly different too. I just got two additional blue follower mags so I'll finally get to sending them back now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nocturnal @ July 07 2005,13:40)]I have two mags with orange followers. In cold weather they did not lock the slide back 80% of the time. When I contacted S&W they said I should send back the entire mag as the sheetmetal is slightly different too. I just got two additional blue follower mags so I'll finally get to sending them back now.
Hello, I´m from Argentina.
Mine is a German P99. I´m a bit confused, are you speaking about the Smith & Wesson P99 or the German ?
Txs. Jorge Dewey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts