Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
In Memoriam
15,041 Posts
Yeah, its me again. The P99 9mm and 40 slides are of a different shape as well as length.

Here's the 40 with straight/flat slide, and you can see how the end of the slide extends about 1/8" past the end of the frame.

Here's the 9mm with a beautifully skulped slide, and the end of the slide is flush with the end of the frame.

Walther used a heavier slide on the 40 to enable them to use the same recoil spring assembly in both the 9mm and 40. They did the same thing with the PPQ's.

Now, most P99 holsters I've seen are patterened after a 40, meaning the holster will accomodate both calibers. However, if a holster maker pressed a holster to fit the 9mm, the 40 will not fit properly and you'll wind up with increased holster wear on your slide.

Lastly, I picked up a bluegun (for holster making) and they only offered the bluegun in the 40 caliber version. So, you might be in luck.

I press my own.....here's one for a SW99 45.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I had contacted Black Dog, and they told me their holster would not fit the .40. I may just have to contact manufacturer by manufacturer. I've got a bit of time, since it's on its way to Walther for a visit.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Preferably kydex AIWB. I’m sure I can find semi-molded leather if need be.
Not sure if they're molding off of a 9mm or a .40, but CCC makes two well-regarded kydex AIWB holsters and they make holsters for the P99. When I contacted them via email a long time ago asking about mag carriers (do yourself a favor and get some of their BMC carriers even if you don't buy a holster - they're great), they were very quick to respond.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
It depends on who makes the holster. I have a few P99 holsters and they were made based on the 40 slide which accommodates my 9mm P99s. Vice versa probably would not work and it makes sense to mold them this way to cover both.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.