Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great gun. Fired it side by side with a P99 9mm (range gun) last night. The first 50 rounds I fired through it were decent, but not extremely tight. After that first box though I was getting some very tight groupings. This is a very find pistol that I would reccomend to anyone. I'm going again on Sunday and needless to say, I'm very excited to get more rounds through it.

The P99 9mm was also nice. I fired 100 rounds through it as well. My buddy rented that one. It was also very accurate which was a surprise as the other range guns I've used before were extremely sloppy.

In short, the P99 .40 completely rocks. Great gun. Very accurate, manageable recoil, a joy to shoot, and extremely easy to clean.

I'll let you know more about the P99 9mm when I pick it up September 19.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Man it must suck to live in a "one-gun-a-month" state

James

·
Registered
356 Posts
James, it does suck more than you know to live here, not only because of the "one handgun per 30 days" nonsense, but also for the 10-day waiting period for all firearms, not just handguns. After accumulating more than thirty handguns, you'd think that the California DOJ would see a pattern, and make an exception for me, at least on the 10-day waiting period. (Preaching to the choir, I guess.) I am suffering here along with Scott (aka, SweatyMex) and others.

·
Registered
229 Posts
[off topic]
In Virginia, we too must endure the "one handgun per 30 days" lunacy.  Here, it's up to the various counties to impose (or not) any additional waiting periods.  Strangely, it's not the county in which you reside, it's the county in which you wish to purchase the gun.  The closer the county is to Wash., D.C., the more restrictive it seems to become.
[/off topic]

·
Registered
19 Posts
...not only is the one-a-month thing in CA difficult to endure, there will be more onerous rules after Jan. 1st 2003... that's why I'm loading up on handguns each month until the end of the year. I guess a purchase will have to take a course, pass a test EACH time they buy... My local shop owner says it will result in a vertiable boom in business around October as people realize the deadline is approaching for the new law...

--jazzbass62

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JazzBass62 @ Aug. 23 2002,1:04)]...not only is the one-a-month thing in CA difficult to endure, there will be more onerous rules after Jan. 1st 2003...  that's why I'm loading up on handguns each month until the end of the year.  I guess a purchase will have to take a course, pass a test EACH time they buy...  My local shop owner says it will result in a vertiable boom in business around October as people realize the deadline is approaching for the new law...

--jazzbass62
That just drives me crazy... I've been reading up on it here: http://caag.state.ca.us./firearms/

I'm stocking up too...

August 19 = P99 .40 (have it and it's great)
September 18 = P99 9mm (already at my dealer)
October 18 = P99 .40 (to be dedicated to custom .357 Sig barrels from Bar-Sto)
November 17 = S&W 686 4" (sending out the check to Val next week)
December 17 = Some kind of a .45 I think. I'm not sure yet though.

Although there's not going to be any more laws for rifles & shotguns (to my knowledge) I'm purchasing the following.

Marlin 17VS = Already paid for.
Remington 870

·
Registered
19 Posts
...for me it'll be:

Sept 8th - SW99 or P99 (40S&W)
Oct 9th - S&W 629 5 1/2" (44mag)

then it's doneski for some time...

--jazzbass62

·
Registered
229 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lunde @ Aug. 22 2002,5:27)]Catbird, I just wanted to let you know that I always enjoy your Avatar.
Thanks.  I found it somewhere awhile back and copied it to "my pictures" 'cause I liked it too; now I can't remember where it came from...shucks!  

1 - 10 of 10 Posts