Walther Forums banner

p99 .40 firing to the left?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  kbc 
#1 ·

Yesterday I went to my range and two of the instructors there saw me with my new p99 .40 and asked me if I had problems with my .40 firing to the left? I told them to watch as I put rounds center mast at 50 feet at a constant with no movement to the left.Why do people have doubts about this great WALTHER?
They both carry dessert eagles.

See less See more
#6 ·
I figured out the hard way why people were firing to the left. It was because when I was firing my revolver and then to the Walther 99 .40 my finger adjustment was wrong on my trigger finger which should be different.I left my first finger joint line in with the trigger and I was supposed to put it between the tip of my finger and the joint so it threw it of to the left. sound valid?
I am right handed.
SURFMASTER

#9 ·
My first 200 rds or so all went left on my 9mm. I was getting ready to adjust the windage when a guy at the range asked to shoot one round through my gun. He put it dead center!

I recieved some tips and am shooting a whole lot better now. What I changed was my grip. I wan't gripping as tight at I could. I also concertrated on pulling the trigger straight back. But the biggest improvement came when (w/ the use of random snap caps) I realized I was squeezing the trigger hard and fast trying to get the round out while my sight picture was perfect. When I slowed down my trigger pull and quit worrying about my arc of movement my shots started hitting the center. Simply amazing!

#10 ·
Yes, You've said it..
Good grip, sight picture, finger position centered halfway between tip and first joint, & squeeze the trigger straight back.  Don't Pull or jerk the trigger quickly.
It all works for me.  I also like to use snap caps at home.

Oh, and some shooters like to use a thin shooters glove for better grip. I only use one when it drops below 32F at the outdoor range. Now that it's 10-20F, I go to the indoor range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.