Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that Bar Sto sells a 9mm barrel for the P99 but can I use it in the .40 P99? I've read that I can and elsewhere that I can't. I just picked up the P99 in a trade. It also included a Bar Sto .357 sig barrel. I would like to shoot 9mm for fun and was hoping I can. Besides a barrel switch and 9mm mags is it possible?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
The .40 slide is longer and heavier than the 9mm P99. So you'd have to get a custom made longer barrel and shoot some stout loads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Besides the longer barrel and 9mm mags, is there anything else I need to change? Anything in the lower receiver?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Atually, mags barrel and slide are the only difference between the .40 and the 9mm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would I need a 9mm slide or could I use the .40 slide? I'm guessing that if I needed a 9mm slide then it would be just as expensive as buying the whole handgun? I'm hoping I can get away with just the barrel and mag changes. I've sent emails out to a couple of different conversion barrel makers about the 9mm conversion and have not heard back yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talked to Bar Sto and they make a 9mm barrel for the .40 slide. It's a little longer than the standard 9mm. Said it would not be a problem using it. I should get it in about 4 to 6 weeks, so I will see how it performs then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts