Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Tampa gun show at the state fairgrounds yesterday. There was a dealer selling new Walther p99 .40's for $449.00 complete with 2 mags, case and all. That was the best price that I have seen for a new P99 .40. He had about six of them on the table, They all had the Q/A trigger, he didnt have any with the A/S trigger. I still like the look of the first generation A/S better, even thou I paid more, But I was very tempted.

·
Registered
71 Posts
WoW

WoW, thats a GREAT deal....I paid 599 last year for my P99 in S&W .40 but its a titanium coated slide, wich by the way..SUX!. My black holster that i paid 70 bucks for, turns the slide black and i cant figure out how to remove the ugly marks.:confused:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow..Sorry to hear about the marks, I would at least make a call to see if they would do something. Is it a leather holster? While I was at the show, I was looking at Leather holsters. This one Holster maker who was displaying his very nicely crafted leather holsters, was telling one of his customers who just purchased one, to spray silicone inside the holster and let it dry during the break in of the holster, after that he said once or twice a year. I was just kinda standing there overlistening,. He said it would accomplish two things, one was that it would keep the holster from maring the finish on his gun, and two that it would make the gun draw smoother and faster. I had never heard of this before, but it kinda makes sense, I would have to look into it some more, I dont know about silicone residue on my p99 or if it would leave a residue if it was dry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts