Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All , just joined the forum and ordered my P99 .40!

It is an all German made O.D. green military model. Now in my haste of ordering, the dealer mentioned they had gotten deal on a whole batch - I didn't ask about the date code. I saw the german proof marks only ... $975 Canadian.

It is new and either a 2003 or 2004 I am not sure yet. I am hoping 04, first thing I am going to do is look at the date code when I pick it up.

Should I be concerned whether or not it is a 2003 or 2004. It doesn't have the laser etched labeling. I prefer the pre -2005 look... but would have liked some laser etching.

What problems exist between the 2003 / 2004 model issues?

fed007

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I have one '89, a full size '03 and a compact '03 and really, really like them all... (I have a hard time saying that I love an inanimate object...maybe my fear of commitment ) I don't think you will have any problems with whatever you get. The '05 are suppose to have a longer mag release…and I would just inspect the front end of the polymer frame because there were a few that got by quality control that had a warped frame…FYI

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx, I'll make sure to inspect it.   03 or 04 looks like I am in for a treat.

do I need to field strip it to inspect the frame?

Next week she is mine!!

fed007

·
Registered
65 Posts
If it's an 04 and you get 10 round mags, I'd be sure to shoot a couple of hundred rounds before trusting the mag baseplates. I haven't heard of any problems from other years or from Hi-Cap mags, but I personally witnessed my best friend's mags come apart within 5 minutes of each other.

To my knowledge, the frame warping issue is easy enough to see without stripping the weapon, and even if present doesn't alter the shooting characteristics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts