Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum. I recently bought a P99c QA 9mm and I'm loving it. I was interested in buying a a 15 rd mag for it but they dont make one for my gun. I called earls's repair and they said it would work but not recommended. I just wanted to hear some other diff oppioins out there.

Thanks,

K

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Any fullsize P99/SW99 9mm factory mag will work in your gun. I have a P99 compact A/S, and I occassionally use hicap mags in it - it works fine. Not sure why he would tell U that.

U can use either Walther p99 mags or SW99 mags. U can still find some 16 round SW99 mags. I have both a SW99 and the Walther, and they can both share the fullsize mags.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
No problem - stick w/ the 9mm mags and U will be fine. Don't get after market ones, though. Only official Walther or S&W

·
Registered
821 Posts
If you use a longer magazine in the compact, you run the risk of damaging the ejector when loading a magazine with the slide locked open.

You can do it, just do so with care, do not "slam home" this magazine when reloading, there's really nothing that stops the magazine from travelling through the gun and hitting the ejector.

I'd say this is probably why Earl told ya not to...

-stunks

·
Registered
525 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stunksinatl @ June 13 2006,5:48)]If you use a longer magazine in the compact, you run the risk of damaging the ejector when loading a magazine with the slide locked open.

You can do it, just do so with care, do not "slam home" this magazine when reloading, there's really nothing that stops the magazine from travelling through the gun and hitting the ejector.

-stunks
Hmm I always figured that the mag catch might be cut to prevent excessive upward movement, but it does indeed look like the baseplate of the mag is all that prevents it.

I've thought about trying to make a sleeve for a while, maybe its time to get on that....

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stunksinatl @ June 13 2006,5:48)]If you use a longer magazine in the compact, you run the risk of damaging the ejector when loading a magazine with the slide locked open.

-stunks
Thanks for that info - did not notice that.... Used to put a 17 rounder in a G26 I had prev to the P99c. So, I never thought anythig about it...

·
Registered
821 Posts
It is sad but true,

try disassembling your P99c, and put a magazine in it with the slide off.  See how the ejector curves just over the magazine feed lips?  It really doesn't take a lot of overtravel for the magazine to touch the ejector, and possibly damage it!

-stunks

·
Registered
354 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stunksinatl @ June 14 2006,6:35)]It is sad but true,

try disassembling your P99c, and put a magazine in it with the slide off.  See how the ejector curves just over the magazine feed lips?  It really doesn't take a lot of overtravel for the magazine to touch the ejector, and possibly damage it!

-stunks
Happened to me with a aftermarket magazine....although I think the factory magazines shouldnt caust that much of a issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts