Walther Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
That is a really cool piece, congrats on the find and purchase!

In terms of rarity, yes, it would definitely be a much harder piece to come across....in maybe 10-15 years. However, right now, people are ditching .40 left, right, and sideways. The caliber has turned out to largely be a fad amongst those that don't love the round, and they're getting rid of them.
Or rather, trying to. A lot of peeps are buying them, because they can get them cheaper. Those that do love the caliber, are getting a steal for them. Right now I mean.

I'll try to explain it like this- A 69 malibu is still a rather desireable vintage muscle car. IF it has 2 doors. If it has 4 doors, very few people want it. Right now, .40 is a 4 door caliber to a lot of people.

That however, does not mean that this is a really cool find! It's awesome! Just that right now, a 9mm version would sell a lot faster (edit- better. I meant better, not faster) than a .40 would.

·
Premium Member
1,665 Posts
I'll try to explain it like this- A 69 malibu is still a rather desireable vintage muscle car. IF it has 2 doors. If it has 4 doors, very few people want it. Right now, .40 is a 4 door caliber to a lot of people.
That's an understandable analogy. Unfortunately, Rigons in Italy only had the choice between the limited edition 4 door and the more or less specially for his country produced 3 door because the desireable 2 door has no local approval.

Seen that way, he did everything right.

·
Registered
929 Posts
9mm only for me and let's not forget the P99 platform was originally designed for the 9mm cartridge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The first James Bond movie portrayed the Walther PP in 32 acp caliber.
Later on,,, it became a 380 acp caliber.

Also, the designation PP stands for Policia Pistole.A uniformed police officer,and the pistol is larger, for holster carry.
The PPK came later and stands for Policia Pistole, and the "K" designation means it is a little smaller and stands for Kriminal, or in English,a Detective plain clothes.
I thought the K stood for Kompact. 1/2" shorter.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts