Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to my wife and a nice member of this forum, I picked up a P88C for Christmas and finally get a chance to take it to the range today. The temps were still short of what I would like (barely pushing 40), but it didn't affect the performance of the gun in the slightest. We put about 150 rounds of 115-grain 9mm Winchester white box through it (my son helped in between bouts with his SW99C). As you might expect, the 88C performed flawlessly. Felt recoil was minimal, muzzle flip was easy to control (making double- and even triple-taps a snap to accomplish), the sights were easy to line up, the bullets went exactly where you aim them -- every time -- and the gun operated without a hiccup or stutter. We had some nice groupings on the targets at 25 yards, all easily within the 10-ring.

If you enjoy Walthers and you've never had the chance to shoot a P88 or its companion, you owe it to yourself to beg or borrow one and take it to the range for a bit of a go. You could even consider buying one (there's one currently offered on the Forum's Trading Post). It's a marvelous firearm, a wonderful experience; for me, the P88C rates right up there with the P5, and that's high praise indeed. :)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The P88 series is pretty smoooth. ;)

Glad you are enjoying yours.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Excellent! My P88C is my favorite pistol in my collection and My P88 is pretty high up there as well.

Congrats on the the new pistol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts