Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Walther Fans,

This is a despertate cry for a replacement part of the Walther P88C pistol.
It's been a long time chase for this Model until i finally found/bought one in quite good condition.

Problem is, when inspecting and cleaning, a major piece was missing.
It's the part 71 called "block" on this numrich diagram:
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/walther/auto-pistols-walther/p88

Unfortunately i'm living in Luxembourg, Europe. Thus making it impossible to buy @ Numrich! Once it was possible and live was good :)

A call @ Walther plant in ULM/Germany ended with them stating that there are no more parts left in stock for those P88s
No other known gunparts vendors around would have this part, either!

I cannot return the pistol, because it would be a huge paperwork and more fees lost on my side; ok i got framed for sure and i learned the lesson!

I could just buy a new one if i find it, but it's really sad not to have this pistol up and running again; then i though it's only a small part, so just try to get it. It sure will work without it, because it seemed to have done exactly that, judging by the bent pin 51!

Now my request, if someone can help:
Does someone know an not to expensive international exporter, that could buy those pieces and export them to me?
I said pieces, because there are different sizes, and i have to buy all those 4-5 sizes found @ numrich in order to fit it properly.

So thank you very much for any help or good information
Greetings,

Stefano
LX

·
Registered
297 Posts
Dear Walther Fans,

This is a despertate cry for a replacement part of the Walther P88C pistol.
It's been a long time chase for this Model until i finally found/bought one in quite good condition.

Problem is, when inspecting and cleaning, a major piece was missing.
It's the part 71 called "block" on this numrich diagram:
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/walther/auto-pistols-walther/p88

Unfortunately i'm living in Luxembourg, Europe. Thus making it impossible to buy @ Numrich! Once it was possible and live was good :)

A call @ Walther plant in ULM/Germany ended with them stating that there are no more parts left in stock for those P88s
No other known gunparts vendors around would have this part, either!

I cannot return the pistol, because it would be a huge paperwork and more fees lost on my side; ok i got framed for sure and i learned the lesson!

I could just buy a new one if i find it, but it's really sad not to have this pistol up and running again; then i though it's only a small part, so just try to get it. It sure will work without it, because it seemed to have done exactly that, judging by the bent pin 51!

Now my request, if someone can help:
Does someone know an not to expensive international exporter, that could buy those pieces and export them to me?
I said pieces, because there are different sizes, and i have to buy all those 4-5 sizes found @ numrich in order to fit it properly.

So thank you very much for any help or good information
Greetings,

Stefano
LX
Hey Stefano,

Have you tried contacting Earls Repair Service in Virginia? Maybe he could help. If he is unwilling to ship I could order it and ship it. I would like a part that’s exclusive only to EU though. Contact me.

I may also have that part, as I won a destroyed P88 not too long ago for parts. It’s full size however so there may be some difference I’m unaware of.

Robert

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice from you guys,

Thank YOU !

Yes of course it would be great if those ITAR restrictions would go away.
We Europeans are as interested in US Guns as some of you in ours, i suppose; old and new ones :)

Some years back, i was trying to get a hand for the original (think i can say that) Colt Python and finally found a shop in the US (Jack...etc) that would send it without restrictions, was really appreciated :)

I'll try Earls Repair, thank you
Stefano

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Look at it this way: as a European you can get your hands on tons of very reasonably priced Walther PPK's; like for a fraction of what they cost here in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The correct page for the P88C and the blocks can be found here:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/walther/auto-pistols-walther/p88-compact?page=3

I hope that the small parts exemption in ITAR will no longer require to be an ITAR registered exporter but that it will be replaced with a more reasonable and business friendly approach.

As to the different sizes, a larger one could be fitted or a smaller one could possibly shimmed. Since it is a fairly simple part, making one from a round bar (esp. with a sample in hand) should be easy.

Shipping of a 1 oz. padded envelope to Europe is about $12.75:D.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again all,

Yes indeed Walther PPs and PPKs can be had for 100-200 EUR in very good shape on auction sites like www.egun.de, but somewhat more if they are Zella or war specific ones.

https://www.egun.de/market/list_ite...=&country_id=&zip=&int=0&order=ends&asdes=asc

On the other hand, if someone wants a Wilson, Nighthawk, EdBrown class 1911 from the US, we must pay the double price almost!
And same for new US specific Sigs, by the way

Those ITAR restrictions are not going to affect Numrich, their answer was "We are not planning on changing our policy at this time. Besides federal laws, we're also have to abide by state laws."

and thank you Robert, i contacted Earl"s Repair and got a prompt response from Earl that he has those parts in stock and probably and hopefully i'll get them shipped :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thanks again all,

Yes indeed Walther PPs and PPKs can be had for 100-200 EUR in very good shape on auction sites like www.egun.de, but somewhat more if they are Zella or war specific ones.

https://www.egun.de/market/list_ite...=&country_id=&zip=&int=0&order=ends&asdes=asc

On the other hand, if someone wants a Wilson, Nighthawk, EdBrown class 1911 from the US, we must pay the double price almost!
And same for new US specific Sigs, by the way

Those ITAR restrictions are not going to affect Numrich, their answer was "We are not planning on changing our policy at this time. Besides federal laws, we're also have to abide by state laws."

and thank you Robert, i contacted Earl"s Repair and got a prompt response from Earl that he has those parts in stock and probably and hopefully i'll get them shipped :)
That’s fantastic news! Earl is the man, contrary to what some people think. Love his old school kind of customer service!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts