Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
This is the same San Antonio seller of the NIB P5C I dropped out of at $1.8k. I spoke with him for over an hour last Monday, really nice guy. I may grab this just to get RA1 the grips at a more reasonable price then $1k.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Pretty hefty offer for a pair of grips ;)

If any grip producer and/or retailer is currently making and/or selling wooden P88 full size grips, they are keeping this info INCREDIBLY well hidden on the internet.

These specific P88 grips were produced in very limited quantities.

This is a similar "valuation" situation to the Lange P5s. The pair that changed ownership in 2019 both exceeded $8k.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Grips 4 U makes grips for the P88. They are nice but are VERY easy to break while installing them. I unfortunately screwed up a set.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the same San Antonio seller of the NIB P5C I dropped out of at $1.8k. I spoke with him for over an hour last Monday, really nice guy. I may grab this just to get RA1 the grips at a more reasonable price then $1k.
Do let me know! I’m very serious and can send payment as soon as you receive the pistol.

BTW, lifesizepotato...you were the reason I got the Walther P88, hahaha.

Will be moving to your area hopefully soon!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I mistakenly thought this auction was ending tonight.

Exceeded $2k though, would have been a moot bid. I was going to max bid $1.8k.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The Nills for the P88C are a little bit easier to find since they were a factory option but not really much easier.

With prices of new stippled Nill grips starting at $160, it is getting expensive to retrofit any gun with them now. By the way, since 1969 Willi Korth had Karl Nill make the grips for his revolvers to his specification. 1969 Nill was just some start-up company.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Always liked the P88 since seeing one in the early 1990s. Had a chance to pickup a P88C in 1996 in CA for $750 but didn't. Finally got a super clean P88 with Nills and regular grips, box, books everything but the target (big bummer) 3 years ago for $1,200. It's such a smooth and beautiful shooter. And the trigger bar doesn't even rub the frame. Not even a bit.

My only negative thing about shooting it is after a while, the edge of the trigger digs into my finger. I'm leaving it alone though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts