Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id like to find one of these at the next gunshow,and i would like your opinion on which to get the Full Size P88 or the Compact. And the price range for each one?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
They're almost two seperate animals. The P88 full size is a little harder to find also, since they stopped making in a few years ago.

The full size is more ambidexterous. The compact isn't so. Both are very nice guns with the accuracy slightly better in the full size P88, unless you buy a P88 competition or P88 Champion.

The price of a full size will run from $1000 to $1500. A compact can be found for $700 to $1000.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I consider a p88 compact a step down from the standard p88. they made a lot more comopacts and sold them at a discounted price the last few years they were on the market. the p88 standard is a much rarer and more special piece, so expect to pay a premium for it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have both and love them equally. I find that the grip of the P88C fits me better, not as big as the fullsize. Otoh, I don't really like the P88C safety/decocker mounted on the slide. I would prefer something like the P88 fullsize lever or the P99 decocker. For me the fullsize seems more accurate, ymmv.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts