Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for some P88 mags(full size) for my father. He picked up a P88 in a deal a few years back when a friend of his was selling his gun collection. I thought the mag prices would drop after the ban sunset, but I haven't noticed any deals around. Does Walther/Mec-Gar even make these mags any more??? He would prefer non LEO marked mags, just because.

Last time I saw the gun( over a year ago), I remember thinking how similar, if not identical, the mags were to a Beretta 92 mag(except the mag catch hole). Has anyone tried to MOD a Beretta 92 mag to work in a P88?? I have a bunch of 92 mags, so maybe I give it a try when I get over there this summer.

FB

·
Registered
88 Posts
They're fairly scarce but around.
I recommend listing a WTB on some boards and/or calling Earl's - I bought some LEO marked P88 mags from Earl's at a really great price a while back.
Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,

I looked over to CDNN, but they only have P99 or P88 compact right now.

Any chance the P99 mags will work?? Kind of like a Glock 17 & 19??

I looked over to Earl's. HE does have LEO mags, but Dad would like NON LE mags.

As you can see I am not much of a Walther guy. Nice guns, but I've never owned any. Just trying to help the "old man" out.:D

FB

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh, by the way, the P99 magazines are too short for the P88. They should work in a P88 Compact, though the floorplates are different between the two.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[b said:
Quote[/b] (James Bond 007 @ April 16 2005,9:18)]Oh, by the way, the P99 magazines are too short for the P88. They should work in a P88 Compact, though the floorplates are different between the two.
Thanks for the info....

FB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts