Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tonight I watched a battle of desire as several P88 lovers bid almost 2 hours past the deadline on gunbroker on a mint in box complete Walther P88 Champion, it went for a little over $5k. Wow! Having bought last week from the same seller his P88 Competition mint in box complete I was just wondering what this Champion would go for, is this really a very desireable trophy, is the price right? Can’t show you the picture of mine, its being shipped. Anyhow congrats to the new owner!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I had a similar experience on GB, bidding on a Beretta 92 Target Kit a year ago. I think after 3 hours the other bidder finally quit. It’s not unheard of.

$5k seems reasonable. Haven’t there been other examples selling for more?

·
Registered
2,759 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Standard P88s are pulling big $s over the past few week. A Nill grip NIB went for over $2k (I thought it was ending a day later then it did, missed the chance to bid it), and now this one a few minutes ago........
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/856694545

What is up with standard P88 prices lately?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
For years, P88 prices have been static and P88c prices have increased modestly. When accounting for inflation, neither has increased in value. Prices for the rare/premium iterations like the Champion are not comparable, kind of like a (true) P38k versus a P38.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I have seen the prices too: also even crappy Champions go for over $2k, well good for all of us who love the P88 series, demand is very good. Keeping my mint+Nill P88 locked up and shooting with my “spare-parts” P88......got a question as I can’t go often to the range, any of you using Laser training?. Got myself Laser Ammo 9mm laser cartridge and in my P88C it is a lot of dry fire training at home and in the yard keeping the P88C in mint shape and pretty much unfired. Should I be concerned except for wearing out the fire pin? I am not racking it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts