Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide which will be more fun to have & shoot, any comments would be appreciated.

Oh, I found NIB P5 for $800, orig. box, 2 mags, cleaning rod/brush, manual, test target. Is this a good price?

·
Registered
30 Posts
$800 (US dollars I assume we are talking here) is about right for a NIB P5. I have the P5C & have been very happy with it. It is closely related to the P-38 & take down is essentially the same. I would say get it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I agree. Go for the P5.

As for which one is more fun that's probably a toss up. Hopefully, Lunde will see this and post. He has one of each I believe, and has fired many rounds through them.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Well, I think $800 is a little high for a standard P5, should be able to get for $650. For a P5C, that's a great price, and I'd snatch it for sure.

Now, if you don't have a P7, and haven't shot one, DON'T! Because once you shoot one, you'll want one, and they are like Lay's Potato chips, you can't just own one

I own one P5, one P5C and NINE P7s......

P7 vs P5 for same price? P7 any day. (Yes, I know this is a Walther board, but hey...)

Regards,
James

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.  After playing/fondling both further, I ended up w/ the P7M8  
  Darn, I settledfor a P7M8  

·
Registered
127 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cyclops @ Dec. 05 2002,4:26)]Thanks for the replies.  After playing/fondling both further, I ended up w/ the P7M8  
  Darn, I settledfor a P7M8  
It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Now that THAT'S over...come on over to www.parkcitiestactical.com and visit "The Cult of the P7".  There's a lot of good information there from time-to-time.  I'm a new P7M8 owner, myself; I'm always learning something new about it from the "experts".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I used to hang out there from time to time. Just that it seemed as though they suffered from low traffic. May be worth another look

1 - 9 of 9 Posts