Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired a P5c and shot it for the first time today. I was very impressed. It was well-balanced, accurate, and a pleasure to shoot. The double action trigger is a bit long but manageable. The single action has somewhat of a mushy uptake and then breaks cleanly. Possibly this will improve with use. I shot it next to my sig p239 and liked it better. Now I have to find a holster and maybe even nill grips. I was very surprised by the takedown. I have never seen this mechanism before. It took me a while to figure out where the springs were. Next time I am going to compare it to my p88c.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congratulations! I also have a P-5c and i consider it one of the finest gun ever made.Try High Noon holster, they make severals models that fit a P-5c :
http://highnoonholsters.com/index.html

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went back for another range session today and again was very impressed with the accuracy. I am starting to get used to the trigger. It seems to have two stages to it. I shot it next to my p88compact. Both were extremely accurate, but the p88c might have been just a little more so. The trigger is definetly preferable on the p88c. But I do like the handling of the p5c and plan on it making it my carry piece.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I am not for sure on this, but i think the second stage you are feeling is the mechanism that raised the firing pin up so that the hammer will strike it.  That's the design and there is no way to get around it.  I will know more about it in a couple days when I receive my SOG P5

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you are right. the first part of the trigger definetly raisesi the firing pin. There was an old post on this forum that Earl's could do a "trigger job" on a p5 and reduce the pull. I am getting used to the feeling and don't think it would be necessary (if even possible). Hope you like it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took the p5 compact back for another range session yesterday. No failures and extremely accurate for me. First time I have actually been able to "shoot out" the center of the target (OK, it was only ~7 yards). I really like the weight and balance. Even tried federal hydraschocks and corbon dpx without problems, but was less accurate with the corbons.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Sounds great. You may be right about Earls, I saw that there is a kit with a reduced power firing pin raising spring (sorry for the techno babble), which would reduce that second stage some, but I don't know if it would make that much of a difference. My P5 is the best shooting 9mm I have ever shot, period! My P99 is a little more accurate, but only by a fraction. No glock or sig that I have owned has come close.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I agree with banddr2

·
Registered
1 Posts
I totally agree that the P5 and P5c are accurate pistols! I own both and love how they shoot. I seem to shoot these Walthers better than my Sigs.

I've been looking for another P5c (reasonably priced)... has anyone seen one for sale recently?

·
Registered
174 Posts
No lately, but will keep eyes open...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts